Membership Inquiry #423

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
aMp.Lang
Rank 3

Membership Inquiry #423

#1 Post by aMp.Lang » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:26 am

Hey, it's aMp -- been going by Nuggs for the past few days out of habit.

I'm pretty easily understood. I'm 24, a journalist covering politics out of Washington, DC, most recently for the Nation magazine.

I've never played RCTW, and only picked up ET about a week and a half ago on the recommendation of a friend. Since I got used to the pace of the game, I've played pretty damned well, ending up at or near the top of the rankings on the NeedleFeast whenever I grab my medic's kit. I'm pretty decent with the basic combat and movement skills, but to be honest about it, I have a lot to learn about the game; a couple players on the server have had a decent laugh about the top-scoring guy asking how to take screenshots, or wondering why the dual pistols don't show up for awhile.

My experience with online gaming goes back to modem-to-modem Doom 2 against a friend, but I lost touch with the gaming community until I got my first broadband connex in my last year of school at UVA. Picked up MOHAA at the time, and since then I've been one of the leaders of the {-BaH-} clan, one of the most prominent clans on the MOH scene; one of our members, for example, is Crow King, creator of CKR -- the realism mod that about a third of all MOH servers run. (Incidentally, we're listed as informal advisers for EA on their upcoming MOH: Pacific Assault. Any ideas?)

So, that's me. What I'm interested in is what Lang's about. What I've seen on the server and in these forums looks solid; solid gamers who don't take themselves too seriously (nobody named LoRD_vIpER_sCORpioN, for example...), a well-run server on which I just so happen to ping about 20, and a dedication to actual community rather than compulsive ego-polishing and pointless jockeying for position.

Oh yeah, and I love long walks on the beach and all that shite.

Hope to hear from you guys.

-aMp-
"Everything that makes your mother cry is fun."

- P.J. O'Rourke

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#2 Post by Java » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:05 am

Amp,
I have sent you an email with more information on how you can have longer and more enjoyable walks on the beach with us.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

Zephyr
Rank 8

#3 Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:20 am

You coulda chosen #420 but noooooooooooooooo

aMp.Lang
Rank 3

#4 Post by aMp.Lang » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:39 pm

I tried to buy off the 3 guys in line ahead of me, but no dice.

-aMp-
"Everything that makes your mother cry is fun."

- P.J. O'Rourke