I'm interested in joining Lang

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Kiriyama
Rank 2

I'm interested in joining Lang

#1 Post by Kiriyama » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:40 pm

Greetings all, Kiriyama here. I just played a few maps with you earlier this evening, and I'm interested in joining your ranks. I've been playing FPS games since the original Wolfenstein, and have been in clans since Team Fortress, so the concept of teamwork is not a foreign thing to me. Aside from my FPS experience, I was a long-time player of the game EverQuest, which involved large-scale raids with dozens of guildmates. In fact, my main reason for joining is to improve the quality of my games, by improving the quality of your team. Let's be honest - I play to have fun, and winning is fun. With a cohesive unit like Lang, it seems like there's lots of fun to be had.

I'm 23 years old and from New York City. I work a full-time job, but my 4 day/10 hour shift gives me plenty of free time to play. Coincidentally, my days off during the week are the same evenings during which you play on NeedleFeast. I also try to get a game or two in at night, and have a very flexible schedule otherwise.

My preferred in-game roles are either Engineer or Covert Ops. I gravitate more towards a sniping CO, but since most pubbie games degenerate into directionless frag-fests, I'll be an Engineer in the interest of getting things done to win the map. I run a 3.06Ghz homebuilt system, with a Radeon 9100 and a gig of DDR. Coupled with a Roadrunner Cable Modem, my machine performance rarely lags even under the most intense firefight situations.

So that's just about everything. My AIM and ICQ are listed in my board profile. Looking forward to running with you guys soon.

- Kiri

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#2 Post by Java » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:14 pm

Kiri,
Thanks for stopping by. We have seen you before and were glad to see your interest.
Myself and a couple other Langs also come from a MMORPG, that of UO. Heard a lot about EQ but we had our hearts firmly planted in UO. I got sick of it, sold my accounts, and finally peruaded OJ and Terri to do the same. I went back to my first love (Quake 3 Arena), then slowly progressed through those until we ended up in ET.

I know what you mean by group cohesion and that is what we have to offer, and more. I would like to think we can enhance your gameplay too. It is a lot more entertaining when you can talk to the other people you are playing with, rather than simply using the voice commands.

You are already familiar with our schedule, so we will look forward to seeing you Sunday.

Kitty
Rank 2

#3 Post by Kitty » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:26 pm

Nice solid play tonight, Kiriyama. Definitely looking forward to seeing you again.
=^.^=     ~Kitty

Yardboy.Lang
Rank 4

#4 Post by Yardboy.Lang » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:47 pm

kiri-

good to see you. i was pleased u expressed interest in lang, as you showed skill and intellect in your play. look forward to seeing you sunday.

jason

Kiriyama
Rank 2

#5 Post by Kiriyama » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:58 pm

Thank you all for the compliments. I'm looking forward to Sunday as well. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my Planetside Outfit uses TeamSpeak, so I'll definitely be jumping on that during the games.

Regards,

Kiri