Lang community application- RageVI

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
RageVI
Rank 1

Lang community application- RageVI

#1 Post by RageVI » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:11 pm

Hey everybody, I meant to apply a long time ago, but there's no time like the present...

Name: Dallin a.k.a. "RageVI"

How I Found Out About Lang: My brother, a frequent player of ET as well (known as "Failsafe"), introduced me to the Needlefeast server. From there, I learned about the Lang community.

Likes: Composing music, being an active member of a community, online gaming, collecting dragons (it's just one of my eccentricities), synthesizing audio and learning audio technology, enduring a challenging curriculum, and the Lang philosophy.

Dislikes: Arguments over trivial things, people who are incapable of respecting a conflicting opinion from another person, people who try to justify baseless judgments, exam week, asparagus, and having a crappy sound and video card.

Biography: I guess I'll just point out a few of the interesting things about me. One of my most prominent qualities is that I have become very decent at composing music. I have done it for almost three years now and make various styles of music. I will give a handful of links to some short things I've made. [Note: I often start music projects but don't finish them!]

Quick Tetris theme remix (made for looping)
Short loop (asian style?)
An old trance song that I never finished
I occasionally make midis as well (don't play with Quicktime!)

Aside from composing music in my free time, I am an Audio Admin on a game called Graal Online, and an Audio Moderator on Newgrounds.com. I obviously enjoy being involved in audio work.

Another different thing about me is that I have been taking classes at college instead of high school for the past three years. I have a few good reasons for this. I enjoy the challenging course work, people there are much more mature than those at high school, and I get high school as well as college credit. I feel that this has helped me greatly in developing socially. Aside from those things, I live a very normal life.

Why I should be a member: After seeing the Lang community in action on ET, and reading about the community on this website, I feel that Lang would fit me very well. One thing I like about it in particular is that it is focused on the people behind the computers. I never join guilds/clans on online games because (1) The criterion for joining never ensures that joining would be an enjoyable experience, (2) Guild leaders often tend to abuse their imaginary power over their members, and (3) they're way too focused on the game!

I also noticed that having a positive attitude is encouraged in this community. I try to always have a positive attitude towards other people. I think it's important to remember that everyone you meet online is an actual person. Everyone has more fun that way.

It may seem strange that my application is my first post when users are encouraged to be active on the forums. Many of you may have seen me playing on Needlefeast, so you know I am quite active. I'll try and post here often. I usually don't post unless I have something good and meaningful to say, though, so I may visit the forums more often than I post.

That's it for my lengthy application. I hope you (Java and gang) will give me some thoughtful consideration. I really enjoy playing on Needlefeast. The server is very well managed, and the community makes it far more enjoyable than the average server. I'd like to contribute to it!

Thanks.

IOY

#2 Post by IOY » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:18 pm

First let me say,

thanx for posting and welcome to the lounge

glad to see your interest good luck

Steven
Rank 7

#3 Post by Steven » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:24 pm

Wow dood....welcome to the lounge :D

Nice music too.

GreyEyes
Rank 7
Steam ID: greyeyedsniper

#4 Post by GreyEyes » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:42 pm

welcome! dont forget to post on the forums, chat with us in irc, and play et or css with us whenever you can. good luck! :wink:
Hey you clod! Get on Logic Chatâ„¢ now!

"You can't beat the Axis if you get VD!" - WWII propaganda poster

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

JohnNeova
Rank 7

#5 Post by JohnNeova » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:44 pm

GreyEyes.Lang wrote:welcome! dont forget to post on the forums, chat with us in irc, and play et or css with us whenever you can. good luck! :wink:
Indeed!!!Good luck! Also..would you be able to finish that trance song??It sounded awsome!!!Or point me in the direction of artist that make songs like that.... :)
Live to Kill Again.

-ex AngelOfDarkness

Zahlzz, Draenei Shaman
Mannoroth

RageVI
Rank 1

#6 Post by RageVI » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:54 pm

AngelOfDarkness wrote: would you be able to finish that trance song?? It sounded awsome!!!
Thanks! You're not the first one to ask me to finish that song. I'll see what I can do about it when I get the motivation (which seems hard for me to get nowadays).

This may seem strange, but I don't listen to other music often at all. There is one artist I know that makes incredible music with a similar style. His name is Toby Emerson. He even shares his songs for free. If you like that song I made, then you should love his work. I'm not quite as good as he is yet! :wink:

Ain Soph Aur
Rank 8

#7 Post by Ain Soph Aur » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:03 pm

Have you ever used fruity loops to compose? Me and Ramm|Major use that to make hip hop beats.
There's no escapin, once my blade starts scrapin...
My swords indeed, make more niggas bleed.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#8 Post by Java » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:14 pm

Thank you for taking the time to write one of the most well thought-out applications in recent history, and you used proper punctuation to boot (a plus!).

I too am a musician, and I really like your style, I hope to see you participate more in our mental meanderings and allow us to get to know you.

You mentioned you had wanted to apply but hadn't up until now; Was there an inhibition to do so, or was it due to something simple such as a lack of time or laziness?
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

Presto
Rank 7
Steam ID: Prestidigitous

#9 Post by Presto » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:32 pm

Wow that is a long ap. Well... I'm a man of few words, so I'll just say good luck. :)

RageVI
Rank 1

#10 Post by RageVI » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:10 pm

Java wrote: You mentioned you had wanted to apply but hadn't up until now; Was there an inhibition to do so, or was it due to something simple such as a lack of time or laziness?
I'd have to say that it was a combination of lack of time and laziness. Either I didn't have the time to take care of these matters, was too lazy, or was too occupied with something else to remember.
Java wrote:I too am a musician, and I really like your style, I hope to see you participate more in our mental meanderings and allow us to get to know you.
Will do. I'll try and boost up my forum activity. Perhaps I will share with the rest of the community the new music I make. The only problem is that my family and I are going on a vacation for a week, starting in a couple days. Call it bad timing, but I most likely won't be able to post here during that time.

Plastic Jesus
Rank 7

#11 Post by Plastic Jesus » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:13 am

Also dont forget to get on Vent.

Good luck with the application.
Dont squeeze the pancake batter.

JShadow
Rank 7
Steam ID: Jshadow3002

#12 Post by JShadow » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:10 am

GL with the app man. Win the heart of Lord Java and your on your way to success. :lol: j/p

Rhammstein
Rank 7
Steam ID: dhrammstein

#13 Post by Rhammstein » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:13 am

I like your work, be sure and post more links(if you can) i'd like to hear more. Also, what are you using to compose, cakewalk/protools? Or hardware, fill me in :D
i7 5820k 4.4Ghz | 32GB DDR4 2400 XMP | MSI X99A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 980 | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB | 256GB Sanforce SSD | Toshiba 3TB HDD | Rosewill Stryker M | Corsair H55 | Noctua 120mm x5

RageVI
Rank 1

#14 Post by RageVI » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:23 pm

Thanks for the support, everybody.
Major|DHRammsteinMD wrote:I like your work, be sure and post more links(if you can) i'd like to hear more. Also, what are you using to compose, cakewalk/protools? Or hardware, fill me in :D
Nowadays I use Fruityloops Studio 5, and Propellerheads Reason 2.5. I link them together via ReWire. I also use a large host of VST plugins. I am also a little familiar with Cakewalk, Cubase VST, and Jeskola Buzz, but I am most comfortable with the aforementioned programs.

As for more links to more songs -- well, I don't have much recent stuff at all, since I've been busy with learning more audio junk.

I'll share some of my really old stuff, if you want. Heck, I made these when I was 15 and 16 years old :wink:.

"Shattered Dreams" (Early 2003)
"Uber Rave" (December 2002)
"Abstrusity (Mid 2003)
"For FFR" (Early 2003)
"Nightfall" (October 2002)

(Note, "FFR" is a game called "Flash Flash Revolution. It's basically DDR but for the computer. A few of these songs are on that game at http://www.flashflashrevolution.com)

I'm usually embarrassed to show these old songs to people, but many enjoy it, so by all means check them out!

Steam ID: KaRma.Lang

#15 Post by Karma » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:34 pm

Very glad to see you finally applied, I remenber you asking me questions about our Community.
As Java mentionned your app is definitiely one of the most well thought and you appear to me as a very interesting person.
Sorry for not being very original but here the fews features we appreciate from our applicants:
Show your interests in our community by posting frequently in the forum, join us for some fun VENT, IRC sessions and last but not least by enriching it from your personnal qualities.
I guess I'll see you soon on NF.

Happy New Year

Just LISTENED TO YOUR STUFF!!

THAT's just GREAT!

I love the down tempo hiphop/triphop influences...