membership campaign

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Steam ID: KaRma.Lang

membership campaign

#1 Post by Karma » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:51 pm

Name: Fabien Laurier (AKA K@RM@)

How I Found Out About Lang: playing ET on Needlefeast (yep!...not very original...)

Likes: Traveling/exploring remote places, bouncing between different cultures/ancient civilizations and hiking in the rainforest would be by far my favorite things to do if I had enough money to do that the whole time...Otherwise, I like being on the open ocean (when I don't get hit by hurricanes) away from everything. Sportwise, I am a snowboarding/surfing addict, a 20 years addiction.....
Beside that, I love relaxing, like NOT doing "shit", just sitting on my ass, enjoying sunshine between the palm trees or playing E.T. for hours...

Dislikes: ignorance, stubborn people, brats in general, annoying sorority chicks (and their "frat boy-friends").... my girl-friend bitching at me 'coz I play E.T. for hours ;)

Biography: I am originally from France and came to the US 2 years ago as a research scientist (oceanography/environmental sciences). I have never been a huge computer game's fan until a friend of mine from work, who is an experienced RTCW/ET player (team 502nd), introduced me to E.T. few months ago, I loved it!!! Now I CANNOT get enough of it...

Why I Should Be a Member: First of all I was amazed that such a cool game is actually FREE. E.T. is a great concept of interactive gaming and I would like to get involved in the community that revolves around it, such as the ".lang". Offering a bit of my time to promote ".lang" seems a good way to "pay back" for the pleasure I have playing on Needlefeast.

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#2 Post by Kentho Birne » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:57 pm

Good to see ya apply, K@rm@, and glad to hear you enjoy the server :D

Keep posting on the boards, let us get to know ya from beyond the crosshairs :wink:
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

LtTman
Rank 4

#3 Post by LtTman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:20 pm

Very good to see you apply and good luck with the app. Just stay active in the forums and keep playing ET on NF and NF-E.... Welcome again...LtT..

#4 Post by Karma » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:41 pm

hi .lang!

that's very nice that you guys already sent replies to my post, really appreciate. that ...just got back from a indoor soccer game and I am winded like a dead donkey.
As for the server NF-E, when is the best time (EST) to find people playing? During the day (EST) NF-E is often empty while NF is almost always full...

see you soon and let's keep the community moving...

K@rm@,

ps: thx JAVA for all the infos

Ph33rDaMullet
Rank 3

#5 Post by Ph33rDaMullet » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:27 pm

NF-E usually fills up in the early afternoon (EST)

But ive found that if a couple join up, I wont be more than 10mins before its pretty full, no matter what time of day.

BTW Good luck with your app. :)

Brutesauce
Rank 4

#6 Post by Brutesauce » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:36 pm

Reppin out the MD.
Dont really know where lusby is. Would you know its relation to say, Montgomery County.
But good to see ya, and see you on NF/NF-E
Fruit Brute, now with even more toys to choke on.

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#7 Post by Kentho Birne » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:24 am

K@rm@ wrote:As for the server NF-E, when is the best time (EST) to find people playing? During the day (EST) NF-E is often empty while NF is almost always full...
K@rm@, check here.
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Alright!

#8 Post by Karma » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:20 am

thx for the info Kenthos & Ph33rDaMullet, that's cool, I'll make sure to check out the server and "wait in line" for NF-E or NF...
However, I'm not a "great shot" (I won't kill all of you, don't have to worry about that) but I think I have pretty descent game's skills, anyway, you'll see...soon enought hehe,

k@rm@

Hi Brutesauce123

#9 Post by Karma » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:24 am

I am in southern Maryland (Calvert County), right next to Solomons island, over looking the Chesapeake Bay, pretty nice to live down here after spending the past few years in Cities (like Paris)...
I kinda got sick of urban' nastiness and now I really appreciate waking up surrounding by trees,
see you online,

K@rm@

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#10 Post by brews.Lang » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:43 am

yeah, I just hate it when I have to spend time in Paris..... I wish.

Good luck with your app mang.
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

#11 Post by Karma » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:27 am

Alright, alright, I agress that Paris is a great city to live in (even so many Parisians are just like dickheads, they all think they're the shit....dog's shit may be)
ps: For those who could be offended by my opinions about Parisians people, I AM FRENCH and allowed to bitch, right!?!

I was talking about living in cities in general, I am now having a hard time dealing with it, but it's just me, I still love cities to go out partying or to visit some great museums and art galleries, I just can't stay there too long ;)

have a good day,

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#12 Post by brews.Lang » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:44 am

yeah, I do tend to agree with you on the city thing. I live on 85 acres that is surrounded by 5000 acres of state forest. I'm pretty damn isolated and I like it.
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

#13 Post by Karma » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:19 am

wouaaa,

that sounds pretty sweet :!: :!:

Brutesauce
Rank 4

#14 Post by Brutesauce » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:34 am

That sounds damn sweet, all the forest, all the potential...
Drool.
Fruit Brute, now with even more toys to choke on.

Watson.Lang
Rank 7

#15 Post by Watson.Lang » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:19 pm

theBrews wrote:yeah, I do tend to agree with you on the city thing. I live on 85 acres that is surrounded by 5000 acres of state forest. I'm pretty damn isolated and I like it.
Same here, and I love it!

Rural Pa rocks!