member app

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
GunSlinger
Rank 1

member app

#1 Post by GunSlinger » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:56 pm

Name: Chris

How I Found Out About Lang: From NF server

Long walks on the beach, bubble baths.... ha just kidding. Actually the beach is nice.
But I digress.

I like a good game of ET with players who are willing to cooperate. Win or Lose I like a good match. I like teams which have a strategy and play to win but don't whine if they lose.

I like technology of all sorts and good discussion of games & computers in forums. Addiotnally like chatting on irc on any topic, computer, life in general, etc.

Dislikes:

I dislike whiners, snobs, and impatient arogant ppl. If I wanted to be around those types I would jsut go to the office.

Biography:

I am an eng for a computer company which shall remain namesless here. I have a BSCS degree and working on my MSCS part-time. Wife, 2 kids, and all the fun and headaches which go with that. I like to game and enjoy good team play. I really enjoy spending time with my 2 children and wife. Luckily she's pretty cool about me sitting in front of the computer for long stretches and hearing " I need a medic" over and over. :)

Why I Should Be a Member:

Well certainly not because I am awesome at ET, but I am wokring at it. :) I'll let others testify to teh quality or lack thereof of my ET skills.

But I enjoy gaming and like to contribute to the team. Perhaps even enjoy a face to face with other langstas over a couple beers for those in my locale.
-- GunSlinger --

"Never trust politicians, and by extension anybody, who sell dreams to others to achieve political ends."

GreyEyes
Rank 7
Steam ID: greyeyedsniper

#2 Post by GreyEyes » Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:58 pm

youve been in irc for ages! you should have come to the forums sooner. :wink:

welcome gunslinger! :)
Hey you clod! Get on Logic Chatâ„¢ now!

"You can't beat the Axis if you get VD!" - WWII propaganda poster

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#3 Post by brews.Lang » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:12 pm

Gunslinger has my vote. He says "gm" to me every day. I'm not sure what gm means but it goes well with coffee.
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

GunSlinger
Rank 1

gm in my own lingo means "Good Morning"

#4 Post by GunSlinger » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:35 pm

gm == "Good Morning"

And I'll take my coffee with milk and one gm too. :)
-- GunSlinger --

"Never trust politicians, and by extension anybody, who sell dreams to others to achieve political ends."

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#5 Post by PacketLoss » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:53 pm

Yeah I've seen you in #Lang for quite some time, good luck with the application.

GunSlinger
Rank 1

#6 Post by GunSlinger » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:39 pm

Well thanks all. Yea I have found that #Lang seems to be a good place to hangout. Mature teamplay and some helpful ppl all make for a generally good time. The level of competition on NF and especially NF-E is very high. I find that it helps one improve their game skills. I finally got ventrillo working so perhaps that will also be another helpful in-game tool.

Now what's this about pudding??? :)
-- GunSlinger --

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#7 Post by PacketLoss » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:05 pm

GunSlinger wrote:Now what's this about pudding??? :)
I think that's Hans' department.