Application for membership.

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#16 Post by Blackjack_21 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:50 am

Amazing how good a kickass round of ET makes you feel...
Last night (it's Thursday, right???), I made Oberst for only the second time since I've been playing ET. Didn't top the XP list, but I made lvl 4 covert and medic, as well as BS and SA. Helluva game, all the numbers clicked into place. I didn't get a screenie of my stats, because I really didn't care. It was a good campaign, even though both teams had their share of n00bs. Axis mainly. :(
Anyway, I hope this is a good sign, and maybe I just need to relax, STFU and play the game. Let's hope I can impress someone in Lang, else I might have to play freelance for the rest of my gaming days... :D
Blackjack
---------21-----»

"Can you put that in a memo and entitle it '$#|+ I Already Know'?"
- Sarge, Red Vs. Blue, The Blood Gulch Chronicles

Jimmy Lao
Rank 4

#17 Post by Jimmy Lao » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:16 am

Blackjack, you've got to keep in mind that stats don't mean everything. When I first started playing (back in October 2003), I remember I use to get like 400 XP a campaign. I was really bad...didn't know any objectives or the map itself. Anyways, after a month I've started to improve, not my aim but I knew the objectives and the maps really well...it wasn't until January when my aim improved. So maybe it's just a time thing for you too? I do not know, but I can tell you that you'll get better. :D Also, if you don't think you're good then play more and even if you're not good of a melee fighter you can always play at that to get better...and the objectives come first, who cares if you get high kills. Just win the campaign and know that you and your buddies worked together to achieve success.
Yea...no.

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#18 Post by Kentho Birne » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:25 pm

Blackjack_21 wrote:Anyway, I hope this is a good sign, and maybe I just need to relax, STFU and play the game.
Can I get an AMEN! :wink:

Glad to hear things clicked for ya man :D Keep it up!
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

Another point of good news for the Vent users...

#19 Post by Blackjack_21 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:21 pm

I went out and found a Plantronics A90 so I can use the Vent server now. That should help me stay alive, and keep my teammates from killing me when I go undercover in someone elses pants...
:shock:
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Kentho Birne
Rank 7

Re: Another point of good news for the Vent users...

#20 Post by Kentho Birne » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:37 pm

Blackjack_21 wrote:I went out and found a Plantronics A90 so I can use the Vent server now. That should help me stay alive, and keep my teammates from killing me when I go undercover in someone elses pants...
:shock:
<~still trying to get his A.80 to work :(
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#21 Post by Blackjack_21 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:52 pm

Kentho Birne.Lang wrote:
What's wrong with it?
Blackjack
---------21-----»

private_ryan
Rank 4

#22 Post by private_ryan » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:44 pm

.Good Choice Blackjack. The Plantronics .A90 is indeed a GREAT mic/headset combo. Best $29.99 i've spent in a while :)

Kentho Birne
Rank 7

#23 Post by Kentho Birne » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:03 am

Blackjack_21 wrote:
Kentho Birne.Lang wrote:
What's wrong with it?
Either gives massive feedback or doesn't pick up at all...think i need to find a PTT button that works well, and then fiddle with the settings a bit
-Anonymous

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#24 Post by Blackjack_21 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:32 am

You're trying to go sound-activated? I skipped that and made CTRL my PTT, moved the walk command to Mouse3, the wheel. :D
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Kentho Birne
Rank 7

#25 Post by Kentho Birne » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:55 am

Blackjack_21 wrote:You're trying to go sound-activated? I skipped that and made CTRL my PTT, moved the walk command to Mouse3, the wheel. :D
Was, but I got rid of the mic boost and made Mouse3 my PTT button and it seems to be working fine...I'll try it out tomorrow sometime, when there's people on Vent. :D
-Anonymous

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#26 Post by Blackjack_21 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:49 pm

Hey, that sounds like an even better idea...
I'll have to try that. :D
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#27 Post by Blackjack_21 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:30 pm

Hmm...I guess I got the thumbs down from the Lang Council...
Well, can't say I didn't deserve a "no" vote, after acting like a total jackass for the last few weeks...Funny, I never had this problem until I started playing on NF. Must be that the regs on NF are in the top teams in CAL or TWL. Whereas I can't even get a decent headshot on a moving target. :roll:
Guess I'll have to just wait... :cry:
Blackjack
---------21-----»

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#28 Post by brews.Lang » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:00 am

It doesn't matter if you don't play well. I can't shoot for shite. Just have a good time with it. If you find yourself getting pissed off just stop playing and do something else for a bit.
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#29 Post by Blackjack_21 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:08 pm

Maybe I don't belong in Lang after all. Guess I'm destined to play solo, since this makes 2 groups that wouldn't take me as a member. Oh well, not like I didn't ask for it. Don't plan on seeing me around NF or East, 'cuz I think I need to get away from the 'l337' bunch. :roll:

Oh yeah, even though he's gone, silentpartner is a punk. :evil:
Blackjack
---------21-----»

|PsYcHO|
Rank 6

#30 Post by |PsYcHO| » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:05 am

HI Blackjack,

You prolly remember we had a conversation about this same thing just last week. I personally think that you need to learn the basics of games such as quake, wolfenstein, half-life and the list goes on.

I honestly dont know how you can expect to improve if you keeping on "BITCHING" about your failures. IM sorry to say this, but its true. I would honestly recommend to get with someone maybe you know in your life to teach you how to play these kind of games. The easiest way to learn this game is watch others. When I started playing quake I had no clue how to do anything cus I used to join in pro servers, and people basically nail you down if you're a newbie. So I just used to switch to spec mode and watch other pro players.

The other thing I notice when I play with you is that you talk too much and sometimes even flood the chat. I dunno why, but it seems like you're pissed off all the time, which will will not help. Maybe im wrong, but this is what I think about you so far. I personally believe in listening to other's opinions, cus all it does is improve yourself. Hope this helps

Psy