Application for membership.

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Blackjack_21
Rank 3

Application for membership.

#1 Post by Blackjack_21 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:51 pm

Name: Blackjack (Or, James. You know, my tag in the "real world")

How I Found Out About Lang: Mr. Chris' recommendations, plus some of the TL regs talked about having good games on NeedleFeast.

Likes: Cars, guns, knives, swords, Tool, the Seatbelts (Yoko Kanno :D), Evanesence (I know I misspelled that...), Tool, Corvettes, computers, the WWW, R. Lee Ermy (DROP AND GIVE ME 21, MAGGOT!!!), John Wayne, Star Wars, Star Trek, anime (See you, Space Cowboy-guess the series), military and firearms history, dogs, Megatokyo...

Dislikes: Morons that never use their turn signals, morons that never turn their signals off, idiots who walk around with their pants hanging past their hips, jackasses that talk on cell phones and drive at the same time, artillery in the Axis spawn on Gold Rush (specially if I'm on Axis at the time...), smacktards that don't know how to TK/Revive (I don't file for that anymore), geniuses that don't know how to successfully defend the Gun Controls on Battery (one covert can't always blow the ramp), and people with better aim than me (that's like 99.99% of the players out there... :()

Biography: I'm a Digital Imaging Technician at an Oklahoma photography lab. What we do is take the images a photographer takes and turn them into portraits, wallets, etc. I'm married (it'll be four years in May) with no kids yet, and no pets. I'm about to do some radical stuff to my computer (overclock and watercooling, anyone?), and plan to purchase a pistol sometime in the near future. I know about my short temper, and have tried to tame the beast. I sometimes do a David Banner/Incredible Hulk act, where I'll be calm one minute and ten deaths later, a total psycho. Everyone has their faults, and mine is a cursedly short fuse.

Why I Should Be a Member: For starters, we got off on the wrong foot the first time I applied, and I'm deeply sorry. I promise to work on my temper, as well as my game. God knows I need some expert help in both departments. I like playing with/against the Langstas, and feel that I could better my game as a member of Lang. Consider this post as a new start, and let's all try to enjoy some good games (until the main server gets packed, like it is 24/7/365... :? )
Blackjack
---------21-----»

"Can you put that in a memo and entitle it '$#|+ I Already Know'?"
- Sarge, Red Vs. Blue, The Blood Gulch Chronicles

private_ryan
Rank 4

Re: Application for membership.

#2 Post by private_ryan » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:57 pm

Blackjack_21 wrote:and plan to purchase a pistol sometime in the near future.

I know about my short temper, and have tried to tame the beast.
lol.

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#3 Post by Blackjack_21 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:04 am

Okay, wiseguy... 8)
That wasn't supposed to mean what you think...I like to shoot, and sold the only gun I owned a year ago to pay bills. Buying a gun has nothing to do with my temper. In fact, I have the common sense to never go near a gun when I'm mad. Guns and tempers lead to jail time, just watch an ep. of Cops. :D
I've never wanted to hurt/kill anyone, and if I got mad at someone, I eventually forget what I was pissed off about and went on with my life. Only problem I have with gaming is that I take it personally that someone is better than I am. I have a fairly decent gaming rig, and I know that my bottleneck is my skill. It gets to me that I can't improve my aim and keep getting taken out time after time. I'm trying to improve, but I think I know what I need.
ET needs a headshots only mod, in either Shrub or ETPro. If I'm forced to make headshots only, then I can focus on aiming for the head. I just wish Bani or the Shrub clowns get their act together and make it happen.
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#4 Post by Blackjack_21 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:16 am

I guess this application will meet the same fate as my first one... :cry:
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#5 Post by Kentho Birne » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:49 am

Don't lose heart, dude...good to see you re-apply with a more positive outlook :) Post some more in the other forums; let us get to know you beyond the crosshairs :wink:
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Xavier.Lang
Rank 6

#6 Post by Xavier.Lang » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:31 pm

Ive seen yah on NF e recently -) seem to be doing better
ImagePost count +1

Nowhere
Rank 10

#7 Post by Nowhere » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:59 pm

If you haven't already, you should also get in IRC and on Vent that way everyone gets to know you a little better.
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM - SGT_SF

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#8 Post by Blackjack_21 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:45 pm

I'll have to get a damn headset/mic before I get on Vent...The cheap mic I've got need yelling to get working. :D
I've been on the IRC channel, but usually when everyone is on the server. :roll: And when I try to get on either server, they're full. :evil: Maybe a third NeedleFeast server is in order, running some kind of headshot mod...(hinthinthinthint)
Blackjack
---------21-----»

silentpartner
Rank 5

#9 Post by silentpartner » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:55 pm

Headshots-only is an easy mod. I'd be happy to do it up for you and explain how to set up your own server to run it on. Just let me know.

Lepinski
Rank 4

#10 Post by Lepinski » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:00 pm

Good to see you back and keeping it real dude. Good luck. Hope to frag you (but not 10 times in a row!) soon.

:D

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#11 Post by Blackjack_21 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:23 pm

Right now, the only thing that would help me is an aimbot that NO program could detect. I've had it with everyone right now. I've just friggin' had it. Nothing legal in this game will help me, not even a year of nothing but playing ET. I don't have whatever the fuck it is that makes everyone else a goddamn GOD at this. And yes, I've just had another shitty night. I can't kill anyone, even with a fuckin' panzer. WHY IN THE GODDAMN FUCKING HELL AM I NOT GETTING ANY BETTER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#12 Post by Java » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:27 pm

You play on some on some of the most competitive servers out there, with some of the most skilled players in Enemy Territory, that's why.

If you cannot handle the high level of competition, perhaps you should look to play somewhere else where you will have lesser skilled players playing.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#13 Post by Blackjack_21 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:40 pm

I can't handle any of it, then. I've tried, and there's no way I can stay with the pack. I'm playing mortar from now on, that's it.
Blackjack
---------21-----»

private_ryan
Rank 4

#14 Post by private_ryan » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:57 pm

Blackjack a couple of questions:

1.) How long have you been playing FPS games?
2.) Did you ever play Return to Castle Wolfenstein prior to playing ET?
3.) How long have you been playing Enemy Territory?

If the answer to any of these questions is no or not very long, therein may lie your dilemma. Many players who are skilled at ET come from a long background in FPS games and played RtCW extensively prior to the release of Enemy Territory, and therefore they already had a grasp of the game mechanics and also were skilled with the weaponry (many ET weapons are carried over from RtCW).

If you come from a rich background in FPS games and Wolf, and you still suck as badly as you say, maybe consider a non-FPS game or simply move on.

This isn't to dissuade you from wanting to join Lang, however cursing and complaining on the forums about your playing woes isn't exactly the way to make a good second impression...

Keep practicing man, like I said if you want to be a good ET player you have a lot of catching up to do compared with many out there and it will be an uphill battle for sure, but you might surprise yourself one day if you keep practicing and don't give up.

Fragg
Rank 3

#15 Post by Fragg » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:31 am

I have felt the same way Blackjack I had never played anything but nintendo before I started playin ET. I have logged alot of hours in the last few months and it is finally starting to show. I usally can hold my own on pub servers but I am still not even close to the same leauge as the competitive players. The best way to improve is to play against the best and NF, NF East are the best places to find the competition level needed to raise your game play.

u|s
fraggthatassbaby!