.Lang App

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

.Lang App

#1 Post by Kentho Birne » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:18 pm

Well...I told myself I'd submit this as my 100th post if I was still interested by then...so here we go =)

Name: Matt Spencer (alias Birne. Kentho Birne.) 8)

How I Found Out About Lang: NF consistently had one of the best pings for me, and the number of players seemed about perfect; once I got over the iffyness about the name, I played there more and more, and eventually checked out the forums.

Likes: Panzering the tunnel as an Axis on Oasis, fantasy/sci-fi books (see my post on the Recommended Reading thread hehe), baseball, football, and tennis, Rainy Sundays, and knifing someone pinning my teammates down with an MG42

Dislikes: Artyspam. Lots of artyspam. And 5-paragraph essays. And people who think every little word in poetry is symbolism (/rant). Aimbots. U|S's panzer on goldrush, and Leafy's panzer everywhere :wink:

Biography: 17, and still in high school, which means if you don't see me around for a day or so, assume I had a boatload of homework...with the classes I decided to torture myself by taking, I'm surprised I've had as much time as I have. Been gaming since the days of the NES; my first system was the SNES though. Since then, gone through Genesis, Sega Nomad (dunno if anyone remembers that one), Game Boy Color, N64, PS2, and Gamecube...and built 3 comps from the ground up in the meantime :D Evercrack first got me into MMOs, then DAoC, then SWG, which is currently on hold until they get the Space Expansion out. Played the RtCW demo when it came out, and loved it. When I heard about ET coming out, and FREE at that, I dled it and summarily got lost in a 64-player Railgun killfest. I had no idea what was going on, so I went to a less-crowded server and started to learn the nuances...that leads us to now =)

Why I Should Be a Member: I waited until my 100th post to apply so I could get a feel for whether I'd really fit in as a Lang. After many debates about how to improve my game and what book to read next, I've decided this is theplace to be. Lang's laid back enough that I don't feel I have to spend every waking moment on the server and forums to be accepted; incidentally, it's just this attitude that makes me want to spend more and more time talking to you guys. Java, you've built one helluva community, filled with great players and great people; I'd be honored to be a part of it. Aside from that, I'm jealous as all hell of Uro, Ph33r, and all the other regulars I've seen getting the spiffy new .Lang tags :wink:

See you guys on the Feast!
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Xavier.Lang
Rank 6

#2 Post by Xavier.Lang » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:20 pm

Been on the boards lots, cool that you came here :)
ImagePost count +1

Cyber
Rank 5

#3 Post by Cyber » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:16 pm

hey dude!! Nice to see you apply!
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#4 Post by PacketLoss » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:23 pm

It's been nice to have you around, glad to see your application. :)

Kentho Birne
Rank 7

#5 Post by Kentho Birne » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:38 pm

Thanks for the support all =) Not planning on going anywhere, so don't worry about me fading from the boards =P On the other hand, don't expect the very high posts per day I managed over Christmas break, since school just started up again heh >.<
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Kiriyama
Rank 2

#6 Post by Kiriyama » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:51 am

Is that dragon pooping?
Mmm-mmmmmm, bitch!

Cannon Fodder[MN]
Rank 4

#7 Post by Cannon Fodder[MN] » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:25 am

HIYA Kentho!

Great to see you apply and always great to play with you (less so against you :) ).

The Mrs. and I were just talking to each other the other day saying 'has Kentho ever applied?'

I always have fun with you in the fireteam, even on strange servers that aren't called NeedleFeast. :)

Good luck in your application,
-Matt

MEATWAD.Lang
Rank 5

#8 Post by MEATWAD.Lang » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:18 am

I think you would make a great addition ot the community :)

A very respectful player
*****Meatwad make the money see*****
*****Meatwad get the honeys G*****

Linus.Lang
Rank 6

#9 Post by Linus.Lang » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:33 am

Heeysa! Nice to see ya!

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#10 Post by Hans Georg » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:08 pm

Kentho!!!!!! Interseting name, i wonder where you got it from.
Hope ot see ya make it, I am rooting for ya 105 %
"This simply doesn't happy"

Kentho Birne
Rank 7

#11 Post by Kentho Birne » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:10 pm

Thanks for the support again all =)

As for the name, was trying to think up one for Star Wars Galaxies, trying out random letter combinations...then I tried using my middle name (Kenneth) a bit...Kenneth became Kentho, and then just by sounding things out, Birne followed.

Course the pronunciation of Birne could always give me some interesting catchphrases when I nail someone with a panzer :twisted: but I've stayed away from those so far :wink:

Edit: And no, Kiri, the dragon is not pooping :P 'Tis the dragon from Warcraft II...and watch out, or he'll break out the ketchup. 8)
-Anonymous

Mrs Cannon Fodder
Rank 1

#12 Post by Mrs Cannon Fodder » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:47 pm

I think it'd be a good thing.

~Mrs.

Urotsukidoji
Rank 4

#13 Post by Urotsukidoji » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:56 am

Always good seeing you on the server Kentho...and trust me - I know the feeling. :D

Stay patient and keep it up. Cya round on NF!!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon Bonaparte
If you are going through hell, keep going. -Churchill

Kentho Birne
Rank 7

#14 Post by Kentho Birne » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:46 pm

Java, Nowhere, Hans, U|S and all others who were on Pro earlier today, great games. Man that one covie in FD....:P

I always enjoy the smaller games; they add a ton of strategy to each map and require massive coordination.

On another note, anyone have a recommendation for a mic that works? I've got the Plantronics Audio.10 now (just a mic; no headset) and it doesn't like me too much. Had the Folding Plantronics one. It gave massive feedback, and when i got rid of the boost, it didn't work. :roll: Help!
-Anonymous

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#15 Post by Hans Georg » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:01 pm

Earlier today I wasn't shooting shit, but my heart was still racing out of control, at points I was so nervous...........
Awsome Games.
"This simply doesn't happy"