"Hallo!" Jimmy Lao's application

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Jimmy Lao
Rank 4

"Hallo!" Jimmy Lao's application

#1 Post by Jimmy Lao » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:24 pm

After some thought, while working at Mickey D's, which is a crappy, mindless job, I've decided to apply for a membership.

Name: Jim Lai
Location: State College, Pennsylvania, the state of the Amish, and no I'm not Amish

How I Found Out About Lang: Umm, the side description thing while the game was loading...yeah. No, actually I found out from Xexyz and from Cynthic and Unknown when they invited me to their fireteam long ways ago.

Likes: The server, it has amazing ping with my computer and it's cable modem :D . Unknown, he's too good with the MG, im like "YES!" when i finally get to kill him after he mowed me down like 3 times in a row if not more. Oh yeah, I love my new computer that I finally got with the money earned from Mickey D's, what a cursed job. Suicide grenaders that take out 3+ people and himself(herself if it is a female that's playing).

Dislikes: Ummm, people that keep killing me...wait that's like everyone. No, dumb idiots and newbs that plant land mines in the base, so you get killed with all your allies while trying to fight the opponent.

Biography: My first game I played was Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES, which I moved to Duck Hunt with the gun. I challenged myself by getting as far away from the tv as possible and still try to be able to kill the ducks in one shot. Quickly fixated on shooting games and all other genres of games, I just became a gamer. Throughout my whole life I was involved with games. It wasn't until I played "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" and "Halo" on the Xbox that I got truly addicted to shooter games. Then my friend introduced me to Enemy Territory and told me it was free...I was like WOW, BONUS! Now, I've been playing ET at least 4 times a week, usually one whole campaign if not more, each time. Well, unless I have some important school work that I need to do, because this is my junior year in high school and my parents do want the best for me so I have to take all advanced classes. Oh yeah, did I tell you I'm Chinese? Ahh, but I am, so you now all know. :twisted: haha...yeah.

Why I Should Be a Member: Because I think I got what it takes...like in the movie "Rumble in the Bronx" Jackie Chan says, "You got the guts!?" Also, I'd like to improve on my strategies because I like teamwork so I can easily, quickly, and stealthily(<---if that's even a word) destroy and own the opponent. It's like flanking in Halo, either way the opponent dies whether or not one of your teammates dies, but hey you had teamwork to at least kill the opponent and not get owned by the same guy that just killed your teammate.
Yea...no.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#2 Post by Java » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:40 pm

Jimmy, a pleasure to see your application submitted, and we appreciate your loyalty to our community.

Please read up on 'Things You Must Know' in the Lounge to get a good idea of what we expect from our applicants.

Will be contacting you via email shortly.

And hey, Micky D's may be a crappy job, but it afforded you a really spiffy computer right? Can't be all that bad, we all have to start somewhere, mine was Papa Johns. keke
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#3 Post by MackDr!zzle » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:50 pm

Great to see you've finally made it to the boards Jimmy

always great to frag with
that is....when your not tking me :lol: :wink:
Blanka is the Grand Champ

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#4 Post by Hans Georg » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:08 pm

Jimmy!!!
ncie to see ya, and glad you decided to hand in app.
Don't forget what Bill Gates said:" McDonalds isnt a dead-end job, it's an oppurtunity!"
"This simply doesn't happy"

Jimmy Lao
Rank 4

Bill Gates, of course

#5 Post by Jimmy Lao » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:37 pm

Don't forget what Bill Gates said:" McDonalds isnt a dead-end job, it's an oppurtunity!"

Of course Bill Gates would say that Hans, he's well umm Bill Gates? lol, nah he's just rich and polite. Speaking of rich people, don't you just hate the fact that rich people can just give and dish out their money anytime like to charities just so they get less taxes and so on? I don't know. Anyways, thx for the warm greetings.

"Hooooo Haaa" -Al Pacino

He's cool, don't you think?

P.S.
Sorry about the tks mack!!!...along with anyone else, ill usually either say incoming or fire in the hole if something's to threaten people.
Yea...no.

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#6 Post by MackDr!zzle » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:56 pm

heh...no worries jimmy.....truth is i dish out my share of unitentional tk's as well

its all good in the hood
Blanka is the Grand Champ

GreyEyes
Rank 7
Steam ID: greyeyedsniper

Re: Bill Gates, of course

#7 Post by GreyEyes » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:33 am

Jimmy Lao wrote:"kick it up a notch"
hey, you get my vote!

/me loves emeril
Hey you clod! Get on Logic Chatâ„¢ now!

"You can't beat the Axis if you get VD!" - WWII propaganda poster

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

Jimmy Lao
Rank 4

Emeril rules

#8 Post by Jimmy Lao » Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:42 am

Yeah Grey, Emeril rules! Now if I only had cable television, I'd watch him cook a lot, but I don't. I do have cable modem though...weird ain't it?
Haha, thx mack for understanding.
Yea...no.

Fragg
Rank 3

#9 Post by Fragg » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:16 am

Jim glad to see you on the boards. I was wondering if you were ever stop by. You are a great team player and would be a nice addition to Lang.
I always have a blast when your on my team. Stay active on the boards, IRC, and Needle Feast! Good luck Jim I hope ya make it. You have improved alot over the last month. If you keep it up you will be pwn me in no time....lol
fraggthatassbaby!

Cyber
Rank 5

#10 Post by Cyber » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:47 pm

welcome sire welcome! :!:
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

ComeOutAndPlay
Rank 3

#11 Post by ComeOutAndPlay » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:15 pm

played ya b4... hello!
"showing feeling, showing feelings of an allmost human nature! this will not do!"

Watson.Lang
Rank 7

#12 Post by Watson.Lang » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:28 am

You, sir, are insanely good!!

Jimmy Lao
Rank 4

thx

#13 Post by Jimmy Lao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:05 am

thx Tballz, but I think recently i've been going on the down hill with my aim. Yes ComeoutandPlay, I remember you too...good times. Hi Cyber and all. :) Hope to play any of you sometime with or against.
Yea...no.

Nowhere
Rank 10

#14 Post by Nowhere » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:16 am

Good to see you on the boards Jimmy...I've played against and with you on a number of occasions.

To your aim point...have you read all of the tips about increasing skills and gameplay. They really helped me pick up my game playing.
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM - SGT_SF

Jimmy Lao
Rank 4

Yup

#15 Post by Jimmy Lao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:35 am

Yeah nowhere, I have read them...not sure all of them, but most of them yeah. The reason i've been going downhill though is because I started getting to rambo-ish like and thought I could save the world? Haha. Yeah, I need to chill it back with my allies. Another thing is that I've also been fumbling around with the mouse senstivity. Trying out lower sensitivities other than 4.47. Happy fraggin.
Yea...no.