Bryde - Resto Druid

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Bryde
Rank 1

Bryde - Resto Druid

#1 Post by Bryde » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 am

Name: Samantha (Sam)

How I Found Out About Lang: Recruitment post on the Rexxar forums.

Which Games I Play: As far as MMOs go, WoWs the only one I've played. I tried LoTR online and City of Heroes/City of Villains, but both lacked that certain "it" that keeps me playing WoW. I play console games here and there, when the mood strikes me, as well.

WoW Experience: I got into WoW just after release. Leatherbride was my original resto-druid, with which I joined CdG back on Windrunner. I joined CdG while somewhat early in their guild progression, and was able to be there for the first Luci/Ony kills all the way through progression through MC. I helped lead the healing corps. (as druid 2IC and later CL) all the way through BWL, AQ20 and a good chunck of AQ40. BC came out as we were setting our sites on Naxx, so that effectively ended progression through the pre-BC instances, as everyone turned their focus toward leveling their toons to 70 and seeing what the new expansion had to offer. Shortly after getting Leatherbride to 70, I lost my original WoW account and subsequently quit the game as a whole (mostly out of disgust with Blizzard). Being the addict that I am (but mostly because I missed my online friends) I came back on a new account and leveled Bryde from 0-70, rejoined CdG, and with her I've seen Kara, all of SSC and TK, the first 4 bosses in BT and the first boss in Hijal. Moving from Texas to Kentucky back in February of this year necessitated another short break to get us settle in the new home, new school for our son, and new jobs for my husband and I. My toon was, understandably, removed from CdG due to inactivity during that time. CdG has been my online family since 2005, but in the month since my return to the game, I've decided not to re-ap. There have been changes made in that guild which, I'm sure, the leadership have found necessary. The unfortunate result of these changes has been that, to me, it just doesn't have the same heart and soul that drew me to them in the first place. It's not the same guild I called home for so long.

Likes: I like loud music and hanging out with friends. In game, though, I absolutely love new encounters and the thrill of perfecting strats for new bosses.

Dislikes: Whiners and drama queens. ... and peppermint Schnopps. ... oh! and clowns. They're evil.

Biography: I'm a wife and a mother, but was formerly the front woman for a rock band. ... no, not a cover band <smirk>. I'm a native of San Antonio, TX, but I"ve been everywhere. I've had the opportunity to live in Florida, Mississippi, and now Kentucky. I have 3 sons and 2 step-sons, as well as a wonderful husband, who is my biggest hero. I have a great job as the Sales Coordinator for a company which deals in electronic security (I basically wrangle salesmen and push their paperwork around ... it's a blast!). I work hard, and I like to play just as hard.

Why I Should Be a Member: I have a firm grasp on my class and my build, and it's place in the raiding environment. I'm great with taking direction, as well as constructive criticism, and I have no problem making changes when they're necessary for the good of the raid or for the guild. More importantly, though, I feel like I would mesh well with the guild personality, judging from what I've heard and what I'm reading on the forums. I was especially impressed with the precept of respect that the guild leadership expects from it's members. I think I would be a good fit, and I look forward to getting to know you guys better.
~ Sleeps with the Raid Leader

Gray
Rank 1

Re: Bryde - Resto Druid

#2 Post by Gray » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:26 am

Leatherbride was a great member of CdG when I was there! Good to see you again! =)

--Graywarlord

SGT_OKINAWA
Rank 11
Steam ID: SGT_OKINAWA

#3 Post by SGT_OKINAWA » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:01 am

Bryde wrote:Name: Samantha (Sam) I'm a wife and a mother, but was formerly the front woman for a rock band. ... no, not a cover band <smirk>.
+120

Welcome and Good Luck with the application.

I don't play the WOW, I'm one of those First Person Shooters guys, don't forget to PM Java (Matt) and ask about the free pudding pops for joining the clan. Also Lang member beni has a crush on most female WOW members, PM him and ask to see his collection of antique clocks that run on butter, its amazing !

Oh, yeah I say "Peace!" at the end of most my posts as a signature sign off.... ready here it comes...

Peace! 8)

(see that was not so hard was it) :D
When the left swings TOO FAR LEFT the pendulum SWINGS SO FAR RIGHT, you get Trump. Liberals did this.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#4 Post by Java » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Sam, hit me up in-game so we can setup an interview.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.