Batmacumba's Application

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Batmacumba
Rank 1

Batmacumba's Application

#1 Post by Batmacumba » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:19 pm

Name: Alan

How I Found Out About Lang: Have played with sweetpea and her alts with both my rogue and shadow priest several times and always enjoyed it. Did a ZA run with Match, Sechar, and Madley (which didnt go great... but was fun all the same).

Which Games I Play: This is the only game i play right now. The last game i played seriously was Mario Kart 64. (http://www.mariokart64.com has the rankings page with me listed somewhere near 80 now i expect - i've been passed qq)

WoW Experience: My "main" was a rogue on our server named Ammi. But lately I've played him less in favor of the shadow priest, particularly b/c of the selfish nature of the rogue class (high dps, no buffs given) has left me wanting to contribute something to the group besides damage. That being said, i dont like coming in 2nd on damage. In Mythology, Batmacumba was never top dmg (could you expect to be as a shadow priest?) but always top 10 and often top 5. My rogue, Ammi, was almost always top 5 and often top 2. I've raided only BC but i have gone through Kara, Gruuls, Mags, SSC, TK, and Hyjal.

Likes: Guild members wanting to do things together. Killing big things. Having a good time and trying to solve problems rather than gloat on them or blame and bitch.

Dislikes: Drama. People coming late and/or completely unprepared. Putting yourself before the guild. Attitudes. Those things being said, im not opposed to the jeering and joking people do in raids or in /g.

Biography: I'm extremely intelligent. No way to sugarcoat it, and lying about it isn't going to make me humble about it. I'm also very competitive, however years of potsmoking have mellowed me signicantly from this artifact manifesting itself in my intra-guild relationships. I dont do drugs anymore, and in fact am working in a hospital (fullfilling work ftw) and studying Cardiovascular Sonography (heart ultrasounds). I was a music major in college and i play drums, piano, marimba, and steel drums. I like people who are witty, determined, funloving, and committed. I value attitude above gear b/c ive had too many people ruin a run because of it even though they were in T6 or whateverthefuck. Mostly i want to play with people who want to play with me.

Why I Should Be a Member: I play well, and im always willing to learn and try new things. I love gearing up, but thats my responsibility, and not getting a drop isn't going to turn me into a QQfest so WHAT IM AFTER is a group of people that will have a good time together and try to excel and acheive and not slack off and waste time. Run-ons ftl. I research my toon, and find the playstyle wth which i will create the biggest impact for the guild. I think i bring a good attitude and flexibility to the guild, my gear and ability not to be excluded.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

Re: Batmacumba's Application

#2 Post by Java » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:39 am

Hi Alan. Hit me up in-game once you get your mic squared away so we can chat.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

SGT_OKINAWA
Rank 11
Steam ID: SGT_OKINAWA

#3 Post by SGT_OKINAWA » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:41 am

Welcome,

I don't play the WOW, but wanted to say hello!

Good luck with the application and make sure you ask about the free pudding.

Peace! 8)
When the left swings TOO FAR LEFT the pendulum SWINGS SO FAR RIGHT, you get Trump. Liberals did this.

Dave
Rank 7

#4 Post by Dave » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 pm

http://ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25453

This guy was having a similar problem to yours, and I thought it might help you out with your vent problems.

Batmacumba
Rank 1

#5 Post by Batmacumba » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:26 am

that worked great. thanks duder. now you get to enjoy my *beautiful* singing voice.