Membership Application

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Phoenix Down
Rank 1

Membership Application

#1 Post by Phoenix Down » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:26 pm

Name: Tom

How I Found Out About Lang: Randomly found it on Master Server (good ping!)

Likes: On Enemy Territory my best classes are Engineer and Medic but really I can play whatever is needed at the time. As far as everything else I've been into video games since Asteroids came out, and while I've generally been more of a console gamer I've really got into PC FPS the last few years (RtCW, UT, UT2003, Quake3,SoF2, TFC). Half-Life (and subsequent mods) was what really pulled me into FPS for good after previously playing a fair amount of Doom 2, Quake 1 & 2. Outside of PC I play quite a bit of Neo Geo and am more into older console games/systems than the new stuff that's come out in the last few years.

Other interests include music (all kinds except Country), Baseball (specfically the White Sox, don't ask...) and clubbing baby seals (ok maybe not the last part).:wink:

Dislikes: People who don't want to learn or are afraid to try new things

Biography: I've really spent a lot of time with TFC and RtCW (playing as medic hence my handle) so I'd say that's what I'm most proficient at. As far as real life, I graduated college in 2000 with a music performance degree and am now working as a Network Administrator for a defense contractor (what, you don't see the correlation?).

Why I Should Be a Member: I try to be as unselfish as possible. If we're in need of a certain class I'm more than happy to switch. I've never been afraid to run to a downed teammate to revive even if an airstrike is coming. I try to work as a team but I'm also not afraid to go it alone if need be. I don't claim to be perfect but I try to find something every game that I can improve upon, some way I can be more productive if possible.

In addition I really like working with teammates who know what they're doing and aren't randomly calling airstrikes wherever or complaing when they step on my mines. :D

Interest in: League Team, as my programming skills are probably so rusty at this point I wouldn't be much help in Dev. :)

silentpartner
Rank 5

#2 Post by silentpartner » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:31 pm

Hi Phoenix - always nice to see a good medic like yourself on the forums.

Eruditorum.Lang
Rank 6
Steam ID: Eruditorum

#3 Post by Eruditorum.Lang » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:40 pm

say, what instrument do you specialize in with your performance degree?
"West Berliners who will not in future be able to visit their gardens or other property in East Berlin and the DDR can complain to the guilty party- the city council of West Berlin- and ask them for compensation."
-The Soviet Ministry of Internal Affairs

"That`s true enough," said Candide, "but we must go and work in the garden." -Voltaire

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#4 Post by Hans Georg » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:54 pm

hey pheonix, i have seen u around!!!
thx for visiting NF and conisdering Lang as a possible home.
hope to frag with ya soon. :D

p.s. could this be even more generic??
p.p.s i think my p.s. saved it. :lol:
"This simply doesn't happy"

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#5 Post by MackDr!zzle » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:11 pm

what does p.s . stand for?
Blanka is the Grand Champ

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#6 Post by PacketLoss » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:54 pm

MaCk.Lang wrote:what does p.s . stand for?
Post Script 8)

Phoenix Down
Rank 1

#7 Post by Phoenix Down » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:12 am

Eruditorum.Lang wrote:say, what instrument do you specialize in with your performance degree?
Clarinet actually, although I haven't played too much lately because of my addiction to ET and Planetside. 8)

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#8 Post by Hans Georg » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:37 pm

i always thought Post Scriptum from the latin....
"This simply doesn't happy"

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#9 Post by PacketLoss » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:41 pm

Hans.Lang wrote:i always thought Post Scriptum from the latin....
Oh.

Whatever. Same thing. :P

kerygma
Rank 1

#10 Post by kerygma » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:12 pm

Alexandria, eh? You're just a couple miles away. Were you flooded by Isabel? :)

kerygma
Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky ... and lots of soldiers. And guns. Lots of guns.

Phoenix Down
Rank 1

#11 Post by Phoenix Down » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:57 am

kerygma wrote:Alexandria, eh? You're just a couple miles away. Were you flooded by Isabel? :)

kerygma
Nah, actually where I was the roads were dry by Friday morning. Old town Alexandria really got nailed though as they had 3 feet of standing water until Sunday I think.

I was pretty lucky: I only lost power Thursday afternoon and didn't have water pressure back until Friday night, but I came out a lot better than others who didn't get power back for nearly two weeks. :shock: