App

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
OwnedJoo
Rank 1

App

#1 Post by OwnedJoo » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:48 pm

Name: Andrew Strickland aka OwnedJoo

How I Found Out About Lang: Playing on NeedleFeast

Likes: Gaming, Programming, Computers, Basketball, Football, Cars, History

Dislikes: l33t speak, dewds, people with no respect for others.

Biography: I came up playing Q2 and then Q3 at work with my co-workers and then moved on to Online play of Q3 and then started playing ET with some different guys from work. From there I again went on to public games of ET online and found you guys. I enjoy being a Medic or Field Ops mostly, I guess reviving team mates and calling in artillery support and providing ammo ( and never running out of ammo myself! ) are what makes me enjoy those two classes.

Why I Should Be a Member: I'm pretty skilled in ET and other FPS's. I started out in Quake 2 and moved to Quake 3 with my co-workers and quickly began to dominate them...they quit playing since it wasn't very competitive anymore. So I moved on to on-line competition in Q3 and now ET. I generally score in the 900-1k+ range on any 6 board campaign or higher if I start from the first map. I don't trash talk or put anyone down, I simply mind my own business and do the best I can to achieve the objectives for my team. I love FPS games, and I love online competition. I have a headset and I use Teamspeak when able. I have two high end machines to run ET with and I have Roadrunner cable, ping on NeedleFeast is generally in the area of 30-50. I don't know what else to say except that I like your server, and the .lang people seem to be pretty nice and mature...something I've found lacking on most other servers and the clans that play there. So if you'd like to have an online fps gaming enthusiast with a love for ET ( and CoD when it comes out :p ) just let me know. Thanks.

Interest in: League Team or DevTeam (list one if interested, if not, give neither) Im not sure what this is, I looked under the application forum and the membership info stuff and didn't see an explanation of what this is.

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#2 Post by MackDr!zzle » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:52 pm

Hey owned...

Devteam position is as follows....

The DevTeam is in need of a Graphic Artist and a detail artist for the Pitch Black project.

The Graphic Artist position requires someone with a knowledge of creating high-quality images from scratch. An interest in the map making process, and a lot of free time. Experience with creating texture images, shader files or general map making a plus.

The Detail Artist is basically either something I can incorporate into the Graphic Artist position, or a spot available for someone who has some knowledge of map making and a real creative ability for adding interesting content into the prefab environments.

The league team is a thing we are putting together to play against other teams in league play
Blanka is the Grand Champ

Hameed.Lang
Rank 6

Re: App

#3 Post by Hameed.Lang » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:05 pm

Hi :)
OwnedJoo wrote:Dislikes: l33t speak
This is from "OwnedJoo"?

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#4 Post by Java » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:12 pm

Mack said it all, you can also read up on this thread for more information.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

OwnedJoo
Rank 1

Re: App

#5 Post by OwnedJoo » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:40 pm

Hameed.Lang wrote:Hi :)
OwnedJoo wrote:Dislikes: l33t speak
This is from "OwnedJoo"?
Heh, I know...but it's funny in very small amounts, and when used in jest. When it becomes a person's primary way of speaking or typing it gets super annoying.

About map making...I made a small Quake 3 once with Gtk Radiant, so I have experience using that map making tool...I just recently DL'd the Gtk Radiant for ET and was playing around with some neat ideas for maps for ET...would really like to get involved in some sort of map project for ET.

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#6 Post by PacketLoss » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:50 pm

Yu0 d0n7 1ik3 1337 sp34k?!!!11one

Just kidding..

Anyway, Hi :)

You sound like DevTeam meterial to me...

OwnedJoo
Rank 1

#7 Post by OwnedJoo » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:35 pm

After reading the link from Java I'm interested in both :p

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#8 Post by MackDr!zzle » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:05 pm

most excellent

silentpartner
Rank 5

#9 Post by silentpartner » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:37 pm

Hey Owned, small world... I'm originally from Oneida Castle and my dad works at Rome Memorial :) Looking forward to seeing you in NF.

OwnedJoo
Rank 1

#10 Post by OwnedJoo » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:16 am

My Mother has worked at Rome Memorial for the last 17 years...very small world :) See you on NF.

OwnedJoo
Rank 1

#11 Post by OwnedJoo » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:18 pm

Hey Ryan, had a good time last night ( 10/6 ) stomping some allies with ya. Any time you need it I got a bullet and a needle with any langsta's name on it :p

Das
Rank 6

#12 Post by Das » Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:46 pm

Hey Owned - gg you played on Sunday night - BTW in answer to your question on Sunday re. how I became best medic, I'm continually looking at the hud and watching when any member of the team goes amber and their grid ref; I then work a 'circuit' round the map - invariably, I'll arrive just as they've died, just before (then TK/revive), or top them up on health - although it is tiring and you do end up with an 'odd' kill/death ratio :lol: !

Das :lol:
Gezelligheid :)

private_ryan
Rank 4

#13 Post by private_ryan » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:05 pm

OwnedJoo wrote:Hey Ryan, had a good time last night ( 10/6 ) stomping some allies with ya.
Owned that was some serious ownage (no pun intended) last night you're right. Thanks for all the revives. Look forward to playing with you again soon...

-Ryan.Lang

OwnedJoo
Rank 1

#14 Post by OwnedJoo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:04 am

If you haven't seen me in 3-4 days thats because I was out of town for the STL vs ATL MNF football game. I shoulda posted something that I was going away so you all didn't just think I dissappeared. Anyhow, I'm back now, cya soon.

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#15 Post by MackDr!zzle » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:55 am

Be there tonight....or be square....muahahahha :twisted: