Member Requirements? (btw, Hi!)

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
TechSupport
Rank 1

Member Requirements? (btw, Hi!)

#1 Post by TechSupport » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:41 pm

Heya .Lang!

My friend and I (BLiGHT) have been playing on your server almost exclusively since we started playing ET. Whole bunch of us used to play a lot of RTCW and for a while had a server up (was the <GG> Beach Server) until we got shut down.

But anyways, I've been interested in trying out to be a Langster, though I wasn't able to find anything definative on your website regarding what you require from your members. I tend to be an on again, off again player and from experience, I've noted that most clans are not cool with this. And understandably so. So, do you require mandatory attendence as far as practices and scrims go? Actually, do you ever scrim? Or do you need to be an avid poster? I don't post often, but when I do, they end up like this monstrocity.

In any event, thanks for running such a great server. The speed and performance is top notch and the level of players your server attracts is better than most, if not all the servers I've tried (usually while waiting to get on NF :P). Though perhaps most refreshing is that with all the skilled players you have in your membership, none I have met have been abusive, rude or otherwise. Most clans always have at least one asshole (usually the best shot, unfortunetly) and I've often felt unwelcome on many public clan servers.

Thanks again
-TS

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#2 Post by PacketLoss » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:03 pm

Hey TechSupport, I've seen you around. Nice of you to stop by. :)

As for the mandatory attendence, no, I don't believe we really require you be there every practice (or 'gathering', if you prefer), although showing commitment to the Lang community is an important part of becoming--and staying--a member.

And if you think that post is a monstrocity, just check out the News forum :roll:

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#3 Post by MackDr!zzle » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:15 pm

yes..i think i got a headache from reading all of that....

..btw..nice to see you posting TS!... :D
Blanka is the Grand Champ

Zephyr
Rank 8

#4 Post by Zephyr » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:00 pm

we're a laid back clan, just be somewhat active, in the game and on the boards, play well, and it works out.

i've noticed you since back in the day, wouldnt mind seeing you with a Lang tag.

see you around

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#5 Post by Java » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:01 am

Sorry for taking so long to reply this post. I am still without power from Hurricane Isabel.

To answer your question, we look for a few general things that are all equally important.

First, we look for people with great personalities. Those who are mature and courteous to other players both on the field and in the Lounge.

This boils over in to the other two areas:

The Lounge; We look for people who are eager to communicate with other members, and are diligent to continue this type of activity for the duration of their membership.

The Servers; While a part of our community, it is each Lang's responsibility to uphold the name of Lang. That is, to set a high precedent for us both by actions and/or words (or lackthereof).

We wouldn't be who we were by being ordinary. Only by taking things a step further are people going to notice Lang and the great bunch of people who help the community continue to grow.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

TechSupport
Rank 1

#6 Post by TechSupport » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:19 pm

eep! I thought I posted a respones the other day, but I musta botched it. Hard to get used to all this new technology :oops:

Thanks for the all the responses and the warm reception! Sorry to hear that you're still without power, Java. Glad you made it through without anything worse happening though.

Thanks for the info on getting signed up with Lang. I've never been very good at keeping up with boards and newsgroups, so perhaps I might not be such a great fit for Lang. But I think it's a great thing that you are building here though and I wish you continued success.

Thanks again for running such a great server!
I'll cya guys around. ;)

As I saw Hameed say once: v55

Hameed.Lang
Rank 6

#7 Post by Hameed.Lang » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:24 pm

lol...v55 to you too :D

dig1tal
Rank 7

#8 Post by dig1tal » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:56 pm

i can vouch for tech support. not only does he make the game enjoyable to play w/ as a teamate, but also challenging as an opponent.

BLiGHT
Rank 1

#9 Post by BLiGHT » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:21 am

hey look.. it's a TechSupport

Sup .Lang

Tech pretty much asked what i wanted to ask. I'm as interested as he is in joining, but like him, i'm awful at keeping up with boards. Oh well, I didn't think i could just stroll on in and say "I wanna be a Lang!" and it'd happen

Great server guys and Thanks.

-BLiGHT

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#10 Post by Java » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:23 am

Played a wee bit with you a long while ago and really enjoyed it. Good to see you in the Lounge.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

Hameed.Lang
Rank 6

#11 Post by Hameed.Lang » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:30 pm

Yeah its great to see you here Blight...but if you really are interested in joining then plz fill the application form and stick around...in IRC and the server at least.

Plastic Jesus
Rank 7

#12 Post by Plastic Jesus » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:38 pm

Hey good game tonight Blight! Hope to play again with you.
Dont squeeze the pancake batter.

Picasso
Rank 5

#13 Post by Picasso » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:56 am

The <GG> Beach server? From NYC? By God, you guys are co-workers of my college buddy Kneepad!! I used to play with him on the Gang Green server before you guys had to shut it down.
Funny to think I may actually either know you or have heard about you after playing with you guys a few days ago on NF!!