WineGuy's application

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Silencer
Rank 7
Steam ID: Silencer_Man

#16 Post by Silencer » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:17 pm

This app is going places. :D
beni wrote:Beni's internets magic recipe:

2 packages Jelloâ„¢ Instant pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 Bill Cosby

Blend, chill, and serve.

The secret is in adding Bill Cosby to the blender at the right time.

Wineguy
Rank 9

#17 Post by Wineguy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:37 pm

I post more than more than most others in all topics. I post more than everyone in Focused Discussions. What more do you want to know about me.?
" the whole point of everything in the health care bill is to price private sector insurance companies out of business leaving only one place to go, and that is the federal government.”

PaPiLoW
Rank 7
Steam ID: papilow

#18 Post by PaPiLoW » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:44 pm

well if this was called forumposters.com then maybe you would be in right away. But incase you have not noticed it is not. we are a community for a reason.
PS5: CrazySteve5575
(Currently Not in Use) XBOX - Live: CrazySteve5575

Wineguy
Rank 9

#19 Post by Wineguy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:35 pm

Java wrote:If this application is to be taken seriously, it would be nice to know a little more about you, but as I stated up above, you could also do that by posting in other (non FD) topics.
PapiLoW,

I never insinuated that I thought mega posts would get me into lang. My post was in response to Java's post that said I should make 'more posts' in different areas. On the other hand, my posts have given Lang all the info they need to make an informed decision. If accepted, they know what they will be getting. Nothing sugar coated here. I would call Special K a 'pansy ass liberal' even if he insists that he isnt - to his face, as freely as I do it on the forums. On the other side, I can look past people's faults (God knows I have plenty of my own) and get along and play FPS even with people I think are Panzy ass liberals. I am too flawed of a person to hold a grudge.

name fixed, sorry
Last edited by Wineguy on Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
" the whole point of everything in the health care bill is to price private sector insurance companies out of business leaving only one place to go, and that is the federal government.”

PaPiLoW
Rank 7

#20 Post by PaPiLoW » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:37 pm

First off you spelled my name wrong. secondly the key for you is to become part of the community from what i have seen here all you really enjoy doing it picking fights with people. For someone who wants to be a member you seam to be very defensive rather then working at proving your Lang Material.
I for one have stood back while you clearly created enemies in Lang. I watched all of your posts. You have not shown at least to me that you are the kind of person we want in Lang. I am not saying this because i dislike your opinion or views. Its much more then that. It is how you are portraying your self in our community. I am more then happy to give your Application some thought, but the way this thread is going you are sealing your own fate.
Last edited by PaPiLoW on Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wineguy
Rank 9

#21 Post by Wineguy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:41 pm

provoking a different perspestive. Some may call it picking fights, but that is not what I am trying to do. I honestly try to invoke a broader range of thinking. A character flaw is that my openess does tend to start fights. Oh well, If Lang is 'thin-skinned' than they shouldnt allow me to be a member,,, if they are more manly than that, then they should let me be a member.

Wineguy
Rank 9

#22 Post by Wineguy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:43 pm

What does IncredibleMojo think?

PaPiLoW
Rank 7

#23 Post by PaPiLoW » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:49 pm

Wineguy wrote:provoking a different perspestive. Some may call it picking fights, but that is not what I am trying to do. I honestly try to invoke a broader range of thinking. A character flaw is that my openess does tend to start fights. Oh well, If Lang is 'thin-skinned' than they shouldnt allow me to be a member,,, if they are more manly than that, then they should let me be a member.

That basically tells me you just don't get what Lang is.

Wineguy
Rank 9

#24 Post by Wineguy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:56 pm

come on now. I know the guys in Lang enough to know what they 'are'. And I've spent more hours on Needlefeast than just about anyone else to know what needlefeast 'is' --- so certainly I must know what 'Lang is'.

But maybe I dont. Fill me in.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#25 Post by Java » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:56 pm

For starters, your first name would be nice, I would like to be a lot less formal with my friends.

Silencer
Rank 7
Steam ID: Silencer_Man

#26 Post by Silencer » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:28 pm

Silencer.Lang wrote:This app is going places. :D
beni wrote:Beni's internets magic recipe:

2 packages Jelloâ„¢ Instant pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 Bill Cosby

Blend, chill, and serve.

The secret is in adding Bill Cosby to the blender at the right time.

Wineguy
Rank 9

#27 Post by Wineguy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:39 pm

Java wrote:For starters, your first name would be nice, I would like to be a lot less formal with my friends.

Tony

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#28 Post by brews.Lang » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:00 pm

Your app says focused discussions says enough in regard to a biography. That's not nearly enough. I know many of the other members of lang as well as i know my closest friends and to be honest, some of the members are what I would consider to be my closest friends. This is a very close community and we would like to know more than your political stances and economic views. There's got to be more to you then that. Hobbies? Job? Rap sheet?
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

Ain Soph Aur
Rank 8

#29 Post by Ain Soph Aur » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:01 pm

provoking a different perspestive. Some may call it picking fights, but that is not what I am trying to do. I honestly try to invoke a broader range of thinking. A character flaw is that my openess does tend to start fights. Oh well, If Lang is 'thin-skinned' than they shouldnt allow me to be a member,,, if they are more manly than that, then they should let me be a member.
To be fair, i've never heard of any in game problems with you and you aren't provocative in any other sections.

It's not your "openness" that gets under people's skin, it's the immature behavior and disrespect. You seem to be mostly interested in debating politics, so the question is: why do you want to be a member of Lang? why not just go to a political forum? you can still play quake wars.
There's no escapin, once my blade starts scrapin...
My swords indeed, make more niggas bleed.

Wineguy
Rank 9

#30 Post by Wineguy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:09 pm

brews.Lang wrote:Your app says focused discussions says enough in regard to a biography. That's not nearly enough. I know many of the other members of lang as well as i know my closest friends and to be honest, some of the members are what I would consider to be my closest friends. This is a very close community and we would like to know more than your political stances and economic views. There's got to be more to you then that. Hobbies? Job? Rap sheet?
My profession, i prefer to keep quiet. As for my hobbies, you know them all. Talking on Lang, playing FPS, managing my crazy household. I really dont have time for anything else, thats why I got into gaming. The only time I have to myself is at night after everyone is sleeping. If I do manage to get a day off here and there I usually spend it fishing or hunting with my dad and brother, depending on time of year.