Would like to try out for Lang

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Rich
Rank 1

Would like to try out for Lang

#1 Post by Rich » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:58 pm

Hey folks. I play as Rich on the Needlefeast server a lot, mostly because it has that magic combination of low ping/high player capacity/reliability going for it.

Ever since I first played Doom I've been hooked on FPS's. I was one of the first people to use a perl hack with a shell account to play Doom over the internet with a friend of mine. It's one thing to blast away computer generated monsters, but it makes the game a hell of a lot more fun when you know a buddy is running around in that maze somewhere just itchin' to blast a rocket your way. I played all the id stuff, God bless 'em, and pretty much reached a plateau with Quake 3. Free for all is fun, but it adds a whole new dimension to the game when you have to check your fire with teammates. CTF was ok, but I found what I had been looking for for many years when the ET demo came out. Can you believe they made it free?? I was all ready to plunk down whatever they wanted me to pay for it, too. I guess the only thing bad I could say about the game (if I had paid for it) is the lack of maps. But the maps they have are pretty darn good. Balanced, expansive, fun. But I ramble.

Even though I play almost every day, I have never joined any kind of clan in the past. I either didn't have the time or the dedication to give; But the idea of being on an organized team playing this game just has too much appeal. I'm ready to play on the team for real, and the philosophy I've seen here sounds good.

I seem to perform best in the role of Medic, and it's fun, but I really like being an Engineer too, and am pretty handy with a grenade launcher. Fixing/building is cool, and laying Dyno is fun too. I'm pretty handy with a panzerfaust (life is good when you get both the MG *and* a PF) , and have the patience to sit around with a crew-served if called upon. I can be a CO if I need to, and really like to snipe and spy those mines out. I'm not the best FO, I tend to TK a little too much in that class.

I like to communicate, and have just about every key bound to something, but It'd be great to do the TeamSpeak thing. I have a good quality Andrea headset w/ noise cancelling, amplified inputs ready to do the job.

Looking forward to playing on a real team and seeing what we can accomplish.

Thanks for reading.
-Rich.Lang

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#2 Post by Java » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:26 pm

Rich,
Thank you for your interest in Lang. It sounds like you have an extensive background and know what you are looking for. I hope our community can live up to your expectations. I will be emailing you more information.