Joining Lang

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
NAVAJO
Rank 1

Joining Lang

#1 Post by NAVAJO » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:30 am

Hey all. Ive been playing WET since the tester. I enjoy the maps and gameplay. I often find myself getting frustrated by the lack of "team play" or organization in pub servers lately. I know the map goals are easily reachable with teamwork and strategy. Ive been online gaming for a few years now. Mostly Half-Life. All 3 games. I play often and think I am quite good. Ive been in a few clans. SOme very succesful. Some very chaotic. I am equaly good at all the WET classes. Although I dont like Mortars. Kinda booring. I can play defense as well as offense. And I can stay in my Zone (if using a "zone" defense). I usualy play every day. I am a senior in college and run a small Multimedia business. If youd like to see me play or give me a tryout, please message me here or send an E-Mail to dukeofadobe@yahoo.com. Lates...

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#2 Post by Java » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:15 am

Hi Navajo. I appreciate you stopping by. We have a practice today (Sunday), at 3pm EST on NeedleFeast. (IP can be found in various places, but specifically here)

Not sure if you heard from us from PW or our server, or somewhere else? In any case, I dropped you an email. I hope to hear from you, or see you out at our practice.

NAVAJO
Rank 1

#3 Post by NAVAJO » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:11 am

Hey. Sorry I didnt connect last week. I was on vacation in Las Vegas. I tried connecting yesterday but couldnt get in. Today I connected 3 times and it kicked me for unknown reasons? ? ? ? I dont have any scripts or cheats or anything like that on my pc. Any clues?
NAVAJO

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#4 Post by PacketLoss » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:08 pm

NAVAJO wrote:Hey. Sorry I didnt connect last week. I was on vacation in Las Vegas. I tried connecting yesterday but couldnt get in. Today I connected 3 times and it kicked me for unknown reasons? ? ? ? I dont have any scripts or cheats or anything like that on my pc. Any clues?
NAVAJO
I often find that, regardless of server, I am sometimes randomly kicked for ''UNKOWN_REASON.'' If it happened only once, it might have just been a random event. If you mean it did that each of those 3 times, then I dunno...

NAVAJO
Rank 1

#5 Post by NAVAJO » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:43 am

Hey guys. I finaly got connected this Sunday. I also noticed you guys are a pro-ff server. Sorry to say that I am not. I find the game significantly less fun with ff activated. I end up spending more time dead than alive. I like to enjoy myself and leisurly play my video games. I find that with ff on it is impossible to do that. I dont get to into the "it has to be totaly realistic" aspect of gaming. Its a game for me to take a break from my hard work and get a little enjoyment. Its not fun to constantly be killed by your own team. I know its more "realistic" but its a video game. Also I realy dislike respawning only to have 4 mortars blow up on me the moment I step out of the respawn room. Its not fun to respwnd, die, respwn, die, respwn, die. I get very frustrated. Some servers forbid respawn spamming, especialy from mortars. If I had a server I would turn the mortars off completely. Seem like just a bunch of spam to me. Anyways, thank you for taking the time to help me get connected. I will have to bow out of trying to join your clan. Its just not the fun gaming environment Im looking for. So good luck with the clan, and best wishes to all LANG members.

NAVAJO

Das
Rank 6

#6 Post by Das » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:46 pm

Navajo

Sorry to hear your opinion re. the server. Thanks for the good wishes and all, but take this opinion as it comes....unfortunately FF/on is a 'need to have' aspect of the game. Bottom line - timing, anticipation and situational awareness is all...I must admit on Sunday I thought you were doing pretty well at all 3!

Fair enuff, there are folks who splat anything that moves...and that's ok...until they meet considerably better, then the real fun comes in anticipating those actions - and timing your response accordingly.

Nevertheless, take care m8 and carry on dropping in on us at Needlefeast - you'll be welcome

A' the best

Das
Gezelligheid :)

Zephyr
Rank 8

#7 Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:12 pm

Understandable, Take it easy.