Graywarlord - "Gray" - LVL 70 Mage

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Gray
Rank 1

Graywarlord - "Gray" - LVL 70 Mage

#1 Post by Gray » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Name: Christopher Torres(Go by my last name of Torres)

How I Found Out About Lang: I read your post on the WoW, Rexxar forums and then was contacted my Med in game after I made a post about looking for a guild. Med provided a lot of useful information about you all and I listened in on your latest successful Bear run!

Which Games I Play: I don't play too many games but I am currently playing WoW, The Witcher and Spore. PC Gamer here!!!

Likes: A nice guild atmosphere when people are in it for the guild and not themselves. I play for the fun of the game and not to be yelled at when we wipe or make a mistake. I pay money to have fun each month basically!

Dislikes: John McCain(Sorry its an election year)! Raid leaders that think they are above the average raider since they are calling the shots, etc. Been there done that and promise to never do it again. I listened in on your latest Bear run as stated above and was delighted to hear you all not get mad when there was a wipe, etc. That really peaked my interest more than anything!

Biography: Just a bit of a personal note first. I am a store manager for a company that most gamers love and a few hate, Gamestop! I am single with zero kids and responsibilities. I work and have fun basically. Now onto my WoW background.

I originally started on Feathermoon in July of 2005 with zero knowledge of the game or MMORPG's for that fact. I was as much of a newbie as you could be. I transferred over to Rexxar on day one(Feb 06) and have been here ever since.

I joined Rebirth(no longer around) and was their class leader until the core raiders left. Thats when I started my PVP journey. I was tired of raiding and wanted a new experience on Gray. I didn't really know what to expect but I found out, I loved to PVP and we were off and running.

I made it all the way to Rank 13, Field Marshal on the day Patch 1.13(August 06) hit. In my mind the dreaded cross server battlegrounds patch. But my trek to Rank 13 was one that I fully enjoyed, minus all the missed sleep but I meet some truly great people on the way and still talk to a few of them to this day. I was the second mage on this server to hit FM(the "second" one AFK botted his way so I don't count him).

After I hit Field Marshal, I was invited to join Coupe De Grace(still around) after befriending a lot of their members in my PVP journey. I raided the rest of MC and BWL with them before my total burnout of the game happened. From playing 60 hours plus to hit Field Marshal straight to a tight raid schedule, I needed a break.

CDG, was and will always be a top notch guild that I regret not being part of anymore. I was booted out for not being active but that is something I expected. I didn't log in for more than a month and with them being a top guild on the server, they had every right.

I took a nice break and came back when BC was released. I leveled to 70 and joined a guild, who's name which escapes me at the moment. We were very successful but a raid leader that would belittle us, wasn't my cup of tea. I cleared Kara with them and to Gruul but that's where my current raiding experience stops.

I stopped playing again around January of 07 and just came back on this past week. I am currently leveling my rogue who is 44 atm because I know I far behind on Gray, that I will just have fun until the expansion comes out and I can catch up.

Why I Should Be a Member: There isn't really a reason why I should be a member. I am well behind on progress and just trying to survive till the expansion comes out. You will be taking a flier on me in my opinion.

But if I am accepted, you will be receiving an excellent team player and solid mage player. I play for fun and not the loot. I would rather work hard and help my friend before I get a piece of gear. Friends on a server top any item anyday. Loot cant talk on vent for hours about absolute nothing where is a friend can!

I would love to have your mage class leader take a look at my gear and see what I need to improve on, etc. I love suggestions from an expert! And I also bring to the table the purest water Azeroth has ever tasted!

I appreciate the time you all took to read this and looking forward to hearing from you all. Even if I am not accepted, best of luck in your future runs and with the expansion.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

Re: Graywarlord - "Gray" - LVL 70 Mage

#2 Post by Java » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:18 am

Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. I would like to see you get a mic working so we can talk over Vent. At this point we do a lot of interviewing with our applicants.

I do have a few questions which I could ask here:

- What is your raiding experience? Could you name the dungeons you have cleared since you began playing?
- What character do you plan to play in the expansion? I assume your Mage?
- What hours are you available to play? Our raid times are 6 server. Does this work for you?
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

Kalign
Rank 8
Steam ID: Kalign

#3 Post by Kalign » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:21 am

Hey, welcome to the boards.

How is The Witcher?
"Be excellent to eachother" - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bigg Cheese: Shut up!!!!!!! It's Californitucky now.

SGT_OKINAWA
Rank 11
Steam ID: SGT_OKINAWA

#4 Post by SGT_OKINAWA » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 am

Welcome Chris!

SGT_OKINAWA here, I don't play WOW, so you'll have to excuse the mess...I do FPS games.

Don't forget to ask Java AKA: Matt - About the free pudding pops, also make sure you PM Lang member beni and ask him about how his day went, he likes meeting new people.

:D

Hewa! (Peace!)
Last edited by SGT_OKINAWA on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
When the left swings TOO FAR LEFT the pendulum SWINGS SO FAR RIGHT, you get Trump. Liberals did this.

Gray
Rank 1

#5 Post by Gray » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm

Java wrote:Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. I would like to see you get a mic working so we can talk over Vent. At this point we do a lot of interviewing with our applicants.

I do have a few questions which I could ask here:

- What is your raiding experience? Could you name the dungeons you have cleared since you began playing?
- What character do you plan to play in the expansion? I assume your Mage?
- What hours are you available to play? Our raid times are 6 server. Does this work for you?
I think I have my mic fixed now and will try it out later when I see you online if you have time! And here are the answers to your questions.

-- I cleared every old world instance minus Naxx and everything past the first two bosses in BWL. Here is my list of current dungeons in BC; Hellfire Citadel, Coilfang Reservoir, Auchindoun, Tempest Keep, Caverns of Time(minus Mount Hyjal); Gruul and Karzhan. I also have run Tempest Keep and Coilfang Reservoir on Heroic. I could be wrong but while I was gone I think I read that they lowered the requirement for Heroic keys but I am not 100% sure. I will have to check around to see if any other ones are available to Gray.

-- I plan to use my mage Gray as my main. I am just playing on my rouge for a change of pace at the moment. I would love to get my rogue to 70 before November but I dont see that happening.

-- Your raid times of 6pm are perfect for myself. I usually am off every evening minus Fridays and get home around 5pm server time. So 6pm works perfect for my schedule.

Med, I will message you in game about talking more! Thanks!

Silencer
Rank 7
Steam ID: Silencer_Man

#6 Post by Silencer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:00 pm

F*#&, just what we need...

Another Chris.

:D :lol:
beni wrote:Beni's internets magic recipe:

2 packages Jelloâ„¢ Instant pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 Bill Cosby

Blend, chill, and serve.

The secret is in adding Bill Cosby to the blender at the right time.

Gray
Rank 1

#7 Post by Gray » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:25 pm

Kalign wrote:Hey, welcome to the boards.

How is The Witcher?
The Witcher is a fantastic game. The enhanced edition just came out and I picked it up to play again with all the new dialogue and quests. You have every choice in the game and can pick whatever patch you want to. And there are three different endings! Definitely worth the $40.