Mrs. Cannon Fodder wants to be a .lang

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Mrs Cannon Fodder
Rank 1

Mrs. Cannon Fodder wants to be a .lang

#1 Post by Mrs Cannon Fodder » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:19 am

Name: Ivy

How I Found Out About Lang: I sit next to Cannon Fodder when I'm at my comp. We're roomates. That's what I say to the 200 people who have asked me "yo, Mrs. CF do you know Cannon Fodder?" We're engaged, in fact, there that answers it.

And yes, I am female. Despite the joy of seeing "Mrs. Cannon Fodder dove on his own grenade."

This is one of the coolest spots to play the game, where I can be out of the closet as a girl, I can be by far the worst at any given time and nobody else connects the two things or cares. Sometimes I'm not the worst though, and that process of becoming a moderate player has been really rewarding.

Likes: Hearts and Flowers and Rainbows. Pink things. Airstrikes that take out 6 people. Shopping. Blowing the axis fortifications with my satchel charge (which looks so Prada). Puppies and kitties. And knifing the enemy in the back.

Ok, so half of that is a blatant lie, except for the kitties.

Really what I'm into is art, writing and any kind of creative work I can get my hands on. I've been force-feeding myself rudimentary HTML and DHTML (don't laugh geeks, that's really making my brain bend in a direction it doesn't) I like really obscure films, indie rock (Yo La Tengo, the Shins, Superchunk, Versus and all kinds of low fi things that CF won't let me play if we're doing dishes together)

Dislikes: Consumer/breeder types hauling one latte and no other passenger in an SUV that takes up 2 lanes.

People who tell me a 30 year old woman should not wear phat pants and 2 unnatural colors of hair, or mix it up online with 12-45 year old boys in war. People who say "real job" like it's a good thing.

Everyone says they hate TKers, but I usually find their antics entertaining in a socially-inept what-could-possibly-possess-you way. I dislike corporate or company work environments. I don't play as well with socially inept TK-ing assholes in the real world as I do sometimes on the comp.

Biography: First played a video game at the age of 7 or 8 or so, down at the ice rink while learning to figure skate. During breaks I'd whine at my mom for dollar bills for crunchy cheetos and hot cocoa and quarters to play Phoenix. (anyone remember this arcade game?) I'm not what I'd call a serious gamer, but recently after being widowed for the 800th hour to RTCW I said "Hey I wanna kill Nazis." I became a fixture on the noob beach server at RTCW where I played as "Cannon Fodder." (we shared a name, you know, that closeted girl thing...) Damn I miss the one shot kill sniper rifle. That's all I miss, though.

Why I Should Be a Member: My TK's are all accidental, I swear. I play for much too long a time at any given time and I always play on 'feast. I enjoy the lounge a lot, talk about a diverse group. I enjoy the crowd here a lot, and appreciate all the politeness, encouragement and humor. I think I could contribute to that side of things as a mellow, all-purpose kind of non-competitive player. Not so non-competitive that I won't spawn camp if I can. :twisted:

Mrs. CF.
(who will play on 'feast all the time, regardless)

Lepinski
Rank 4

#2 Post by Lepinski » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:26 am

... and it's official, Mrs. Cannon Fodder is cooler than Cannon Fodder.

... and cooler than me.

GreyEyes
Rank 7
Steam ID: greyeyedsniper

#3 Post by GreyEyes » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:03 am

i really think that this pic is better than ne one... ever:

they are totally high fiving 8)
Hey you clod! Get on Logic Chatâ„¢ now!

"You can't beat the Axis if you get VD!" - WWII propaganda poster

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#4 Post by PacketLoss » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:31 am

Sorry, you all lose to:

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#5 Post by MackDr!zzle » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:34 am

grey's add seems to be kickin it...

/drives down 495 to hubbardston to give grey his ritalin

anywaays..good to see you on the boards mrs. cf
Blanka is the Grand Champ

silentpartner
Rank 5

Re: Mrs. Cannon Fodder wants to be a .lang

#6 Post by silentpartner » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 am

To forcefully wrench poor Mrs. CF's thread back to the topic:

Mrs Cannon Fodder wrote:and quarters to play Phoenix. (anyone remember this arcade game?)
The name sounds familiar. Was it like Galaga?
I like really obscure films
Got a list of some of them?
"Mrs. Cannon Fodder dove on his own grenade."
You should be completely honest with CF if you're engaged to him. I'm sure he'll understand, but just in case he doesn't, make sure you're on Springer when you break the news to him.

Anyway, good luck with your app. Hopefully, soon CF will have to stop bragging to you about how cool he is for being in Lang.

Cannon Fodder[MN]
Rank 4

Re: Mrs. Cannon Fodder wants to be a .lang

#7 Post by Cannon Fodder[MN] » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:42 am

silentpartner.Lang wrote:To forcefully wrench poor Mrs. CF's thread back to the topic:

You should be completely honest with CF if you're engaged to him. I'm sure he'll understand, but just in case he doesn't, make sure you're on Springer when you break the news to him.
I already KNOW she doesn't have one of THOSE! :)
-CF

Mrs Cannon Fodder
Rank 1

#8 Post by Mrs Cannon Fodder » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:49 am

Phoenix was somewhat like galaga, only weider levels and worse graphics if that can be believed.

Obscure, well not *that* obsucre, nothing that can't be found in the foreign section at a lot of Hollywood vids. Takeshi Kitano's anti-gangster movie gangster movies. A sri lankan movie called "The Terrorist" "Ma Vie En Rose." A quirky Japanese movie called "the Eel."

For the record I *did* like Return of the King, I'm not a total snob.

...Hey, are you intimating I've got a hidden agenda in my hitler issue woolen undies? Whatever happened with that girl covie they were going to put in this game anyhow? Guess it would be pretty obvious she's a covie. And it would be funny watching her sport an instant 'stache if she got hold of an engineer uniform.

silentpartner
Rank 5

#9 Post by silentpartner » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:06 am

Mrs Cannon Fodder wrote:Guess it would be pretty obvious she's a covie. And it would be funny watching her sport an instant 'stache if she got hold of an engineer uniform.
Eh, no less believable than the German covies turning into a black dude from stealing an Allied FO uni, I'd say.

I remember a set of skins back from a game I used to play based on the cast of Baywatch. That would be really something to see Pamela Anderson duplicate David Hasselhoff's uniform, or vice versa for that matter.
Cannon Fodder.Lang wrote:I already KNOW she doesn't have one of THOSE!
-CF
<innocent>I was talking about her having grenades. Whatever were you talking about?</innocent>

Chubbsey
Rank 5

#10 Post by Chubbsey » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:14 pm

silentpartner.Lang wrote:Eh, no less believable than the German covies turning into a black dude from stealing an Allied FO uni, I'd say.

I remember a set of skins back from a game I used to play based on the cast of Baywatch. That would be really something to see Pamela Anderson duplicate David Hasselhoff's uniform, or vice versa for that matter.
As for myself, I really liked the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra skins from RTCW. It even had the audio for "COOOBRRAAAAA!!!!" in it.
"My favorite friend is the helicopter. Without it where would we be? Not on top of helipads, I can promise you."

Nowhere
Rank 10

#11 Post by Nowhere » Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:19 pm

I would like to have seen the GI Joe v. Cobra...but back to the thread good to see you on the boards and best of luck to you...we need more women in Lang....even if they are married or engaged. :D
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM - SGT_SF