my app

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Watson.Lang
Rank 7

my app

#1 Post by Watson.Lang » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:13 pm

Name: John W

How I Found Out About Lang: I've played on the Needlefeast server multiple times, and have come to appreciate the level of game play I observed from .lang members.

Likes: In game, I like to work as a team to meet mission objectives. I love to win, I love good gameplay, and I love team interaction.
Out of game, I like History, Science, Computer games, Skiboarding, Biking, and loud Music ( B)- ). I was the drummer in a local band, and play some guitar on the side. I have since moved to supporting the band via website and media.

Dislikes: In game, non unit cohesiveness, team killing, and losing.

Out of game, I hate nothing, but I do dislike a few things ;-)

Biography: Been in Pa most of my life. Went to IUP, and now CUP. Majoring in Liberal Studies with dual minors in Computer Information Science and History, and hope to graduate sometime this century...
Got hooked on computers in highschool and have been a happy addict ever since. Favorite games are X-com, AOE, Starcraft, Wolfentstein, Unreal Tournament, Quake, World War 2 Online, and Wolfenstein ET.

Why I Should Be a Member:
I am very dedicated to good games. This is a good game. I like to work in a team, and I like to get better at what I do.
Last edited by Watson.Lang on Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MackDr!zzle
Rank 7

#2 Post by MackDr!zzle » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:51 pm

whats crackulackin on the heezy fo sheezy my neezy.... :D
Blanka is the Grand Champ

Watson.Lang
Rank 7

#3 Post by Watson.Lang » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:31 am

Takin' it easy and browsing some forums at the moment. If you guys haven't had the opportunity to check this out yet... http://www.wwiionline.com is a must see website.

I'm itching to hop into the server and serve up a good dish of whoop-*ss!!

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#4 Post by PacketLoss » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:04 pm

WWIIOL!?! eek!

After the release of the game, I refuse to ever have anything to do with it ever again.

Watson.Lang
Rank 7

#5 Post by Watson.Lang » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:16 pm

Wow, sounds like you had a bad first try with it....I know it was bad, but their corporation said "Release it" and so they did. It was prolly the worst release of a game ever, but let me tell ya. The community for that game is really cool, a real great bunch of guys. The game has also changed *Dramatically*

Look here for updated info.

It really helps to find a squad that plays alot. It makes the game so much more fun. .Lang members could maybe look into this? ;-)

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#6 Post by PacketLoss » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:00 pm

Yeah, I've only heard good things about it recently...

But it was just such a huge let-down/dissapointment/lie when it came out, I dunno...

Watson.Lang
Rank 7

#7 Post by Watson.Lang » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:52 pm

Cornered Rat Software was pressured by Playnet(I think is the main corp.) to release it. And it was a large letdown/disappointment/lie, but the the Rats are making good on the deal now and have really got the ball rolling.

The game will never be finished, but is in a much better state now than it ever was, and keeps getting better as the months go by. The exciting thing about the whole deal is what will come out for it in the future. It is so large and has so much possibility, that the entire concept is staggering.

It certainly is not your typical FPS, nor is it a strategic game only like AOE. It takes the best of both worlds, and tries to make everything as realistic as possible. There are way more adults who play than game than kids.

This is what I love about Wolf ET. It's not only a FPS, but it also has elements of role playing (ie. leveling up) and mission objectives. It also has a focus on team play. The team that works together the best WILL win, and the game has been geared for this.

PacketLoss
Rank 8

#8 Post by PacketLoss » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:00 pm

Yeah, the game sounded extremely interesting to me. I bought it the day it came out.

...and came home to find a 73mb patch to download. The game still hardly worked, and virtually all of the most enticing elements of the game (which had been promised) were completely absent. I stuck around for a good 3 weeks or so, and then uninstalled it. Struggling with the game was no fun, and although when you got into a nice battle, it was very fun (although still missing virtually everything promised--probably not nearly as fun as it could have been), this happened so seldomly that it just wasn't worth it. Certainly not for a monthly fee.

I've considered getting back into it over the years, but now I just don't have the time or money to do it, really.

Watson.Lang
Rank 7

#9 Post by Watson.Lang » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:06 pm

Lol, I remember that.
Big patch dl, lagginess, and servers never being open.
Those were the days..heh

One good thing, you still have to download a hefty patch until they release a new cd! haha

Fierce
Rank 1

#10 Post by Fierce » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:29 pm

TBallz... I live like an hour away from you, and I go to IUP!! :o

Watson.Lang
Rank 7

#11 Post by Watson.Lang » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:06 am

Rock ON!!! Good parties down there... I stayed in Gordon Hall when it was still a dorm. Frat row is insane in the fall and spring. Fond memories of Sheetz runs in the wee hours of the morning!!

If you like Oriental food, head on over to the King Buffet by the mall. It is THE best food!

The best bar uptown ----> Wolfie's

Glad to meet ya!

Fierce
Rank 1

#12 Post by Fierce » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:54 am

lol... wolfies owns... ANd I'll have to hit up that chinese place... and the parties there are ill! :!: :!: :!: :!:

ComeOutAndPlay
Rank 3

#13 Post by ComeOutAndPlay » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:49 pm

wow, one of my best friends is john W, amazing