IRC: Setting up your mIRC, Getting In Our Room

Basic Information For Programs and Files Commonly Used by the Lang Family
Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

IRC: Setting up your mIRC, Getting In Our Room

#1 Post by Java » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:54 am

I just had the priviledge to re-install mIRC for like the ba-zillionth time, so I figured while fresh in my head, take some time to give a brief tutorial on how to get yourself set up, and in our room.

First, download the program.

Next, once installed, open it up. Skip the registration thing. Basically you will have a pop-up dialogue that wants to know specifically where you wanna go.

Start out by opening up the 'Options', if it isn't up infront of you by default. Go to the Connect list item on the left list. You want to list your nickname here and an alternative nickname in the event the first is taken.

Next, click on Servers. In this section within the IRC Server list, drop down to Gamesurge: Random East US Server.

Then in the Options section (still within the Connect drop-down list) check the fields marked both "Connect on StartUp" and "Reconnect on Disconnection". Finally click on the 'Perform' button. At the top of this, check the field "Enable Perform on Connect". And the last thing you want to do, is in the 'Perform Commands' Enter this one line:

/join #Lang

Now get out of all of that crap. Click on the connect button. It should connect you straight to our room #Lang.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.