Log!cal Progression

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Blue Brat
Rank 6
Steam ID: BlueBrat

Log!cal Progression

#1 Post by Blue Brat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:45 pm

Name: Scotty

How I Found Out About Lang: Friends [LORD]Deadbeat & [LORD]Xeus

Which Games You Play: ET, Quake 3, Call of Duty, UT2k4, Smash Brothers, Super Monkey Balls, Robotron, prefer FPS CTF or objective play

Likes: Drums, Artsy/Creative stuff, Anime, Gaming, Geeky computer stuff, trying new foods, new resturaunts, new drinks, anything with a motor that you can drive, live Entertainment (concerts, plays, comedians, etc.)

Favorite Drink: Gin Martini, no olives

Music: Intelligent/Atmospheric & Tech step D&B, Progressive Trance, Acid House, New Berlin School of Electronic Music, Progressive Rock/Metal, Indie, Hard Rock, New Age, Ska Punk, Big Band, Fusion Jazz, Soundtracks (Movies, Videogame & Anime), Industrial

I listen to a variety of stuff, love finding new music. Favorite artists in some sort of order:
Klaus Schulze
Rush
LTJ Bukem
Rhasaan Roland Kirk, Kennedy!, Fragile, Soul Live, Greyboy
Dream Theatre, Rhapsody, Guardians of Time, InFlames
Interpol, Oasis, Appleseed Cast, Arcade Fire
VNV Nation, FLA, Funker Vogt, Assemblage 23
Velvet Revolver, STP, Wolfmother, Snapcase, Oasis
Streetlight Manifesto, Rasberry Somethings

Dislikes: People who don't voice their opinion, Advocates & Nazi's (CSS Nazis, Grammar Nazis, etc), shitheads that drive slow in the left lane, nepotism, Apple Users

Biography: I'm old. I'm an art director. Web design & programming. Have Print, Trade show layouts, indie film making & commercial
production & editing experience also. Taught trendy/advanced photoshop courses & UI practices. Currently employed at MBNA/Bank of America in Delaware.

I also play drums, and used to play flute. I've been in and out of bands, subbing, etc. for a variety of music styles. Currently working on my own stuff so I can become a super rockstar and not have to work anymore and own a series of Bugatti's and Aston Martins. I'll play most anything if everyone clicks together well.

Am in a competition clan called Tao, registered on TWL. Consists of a few close friends which is why I'm in it. WoW killed it. :cry:

And if anyone hasn't picked up on it, I'm not to be taken seriously. Sarcasm, non-sequitur, puns, etc. I love it. Think Fire Sign Theatre, just a lot less intelligent.

Why I Should Be a Member: Why not!
Last edited by Blue Brat on Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dear Earthling, Hello! I am a creature from a galaxy far away. I have transformed myself into this signature. As you are reading it, I am having sex with your eyeballs. I know you like it because you are smiling.

Bigg Cheese
Rank 10
Steam ID: bigg_cheese

#2 Post by Bigg Cheese » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:48 pm

I click well, but I double-click better :P.
"If the taste of victory is sweet, then the taste of virtual victory is not Sweet and Low, nor the bullets made of sugar" -- Fox Mulder

YayCLooRS!!!

beni
Rank 10
Steam ID: elbenito69

#3 Post by beni » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:24 pm

Blue's a shoe-in.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#4 Post by Java » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:32 pm

I'd assumed we had a lot in common (music/art) which explained your over-analytical opinions on design in the past. That's great, I am the same way... Now provide me some ideas, and we will be productive.

Since we value mature people who can maintain a level of decency and activity, you'd be a nice fit. Thanks for applying. I'll get with you pronto.

Salty.Lang
Rank 7
Steam ID: SaltyWeasel

#5 Post by Salty.Lang » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:41 pm

about time you applyed :P

Blue Brat
Rank 6

#6 Post by Blue Brat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:06 pm

Java wrote:I'd assumed we had a lot in common (music/art) which explained your over-analytical opinions on design in the past. That's great, I am the same way... Now provide me some ideas, and we will be productive.

Since we value mature people who can maintain a level of decency and activity, you'd be a nice fit. Thanks for applying. I'll get with you pronto.
Ahaahaa yeah I was wondering about that, seems like a lot of langs have similair things in common music wise.

Yeah, I tend to hypocrite myself and design nazi sometimes. I'll be glad to help, just point me at something or email me stuff.

And well, uh, we'll see about the mature bit. :roll:
Dear Earthling, Hello! I am a creature from a galaxy far away. I have transformed myself into this signature. As you are reading it, I am having sex with your eyeballs. I know you like it because you are smiling.

Blue Brat
Rank 6

#7 Post by Blue Brat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:08 pm

beni wrote:Blue's a shoe-in.
Better than a shoe I guess! Though I'd have some soul if I was...

beni
Rank 10

#8 Post by beni » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Blue Brat wrote:
beni wrote:Blue's a shoe-in.
Better than a shoe I guess! Though I'd have some soul if I was...
Maybe some funk as well.

singularity
Rank 6

Re: Log!cal Progression

#9 Post by singularity » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:11 pm

Blue Brat wrote: Dislikes: People who don't voice their opinion, Advocates & Nazi's (CSS Nazis, Grammar Nazis, etc), shitheads that drive slow in the left lane, nepotism, Apple Users
Nazis in this sentence does not require a ' as it is only plural not possessive. Also you don't need to capitalize words like advocates or the word nazi.

Code: Select all

[23:38] <GreyEyes_Lang> i dont just pirate, i carpet bomb

Salty.Lang
Rank 7
Steam ID: SaltyWeasel

#10 Post by Salty.Lang » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:27 pm

singularity wrote:
Blue Brat wrote: Dislikes: People who don't voice their opinion, Advocates & Nazi's (CSS Nazis, Grammar Nazis, etc), shitheads that drive slow in the left lane, nepotism, Apple Users
Nazis in this sentence does not require a ' as it is only plural not possessive. Also you don't need to capitalize words like advocates or the word nazi.
i Am nO gram mer nAzi. i just tYpe cause i cAn. sO =P

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#11 Post by Java » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:28 pm

singularity wrote:Nazis in this sentence does not require a ' as it is only plural not possessive. Also you don't need to capitalize words like advocates or the word nazi.
In the above sentence, I would recommend spelling out "an apostrophe", and follow it with a comma. I'd then recommend adding a comma after <i>Also</i>, and perhaps even one more after <i>advocates</i>.

beni
Rank 10

#12 Post by beni » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:47 pm

Java wrote:
singularity wrote:Nazis in this sentence does not require a ' as it is only plural not possessive. Also you don't need to capitalize words like advocates or the word nazi.
In the above sentence, I would recommend spelling out "an apostrophe", and follow it with a comma. I'd then recommend adding a comma after <i>Also</i>, and perhaps even one more after <i>advocates</i>.
No, commas won't fix it, he needs some sentence reordering. His phrase "words like advocates or the word nazi" should be reordered to "words like advocates or nazi." The extra noun is redundant.

DarthBuckets
Rank 11
Steam ID: darthbuckets

#13 Post by DarthBuckets » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:09 pm

So how old are you?

Can you teach me a course in Photoshop?
The music washed away all the hate, and society started advancing. Every demographic was represented. It was a Rainbow Coalition of dancing.

Blue Brat
Rank 6

#14 Post by Blue Brat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:23 pm

DarthBuckets.Lang wrote:So how old are you?
Read the first post damnit.
DarthBuckets.Lang wrote:Can you teach me a course in Photoshop?
In person perhaps, not over the interweb, maybe with a mic and desktop sharing/vnc. I can point/show/send to you some great videos & eBook tutorials though for starting out. But any help just ask and I'll try. A lot of what I taught extended outside of photoshop to achieve the effects & whatnot.

Crim
Rank 7
Steam ID: crim_lang

#15 Post by Crim » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Blue Brat wrote:
DarthBuckets.Lang wrote:So how old are you?
Read the first post damnit.
Mmmmmmm grannndddpppaaaaaa