Royale

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Royale
Rank 2

Royale

#1 Post by Royale » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:58 am

Name: Kirk Vanatti (no I am not italian)

How I Found Out About Lang: CS:Source Needlefeast (I saw your link on the motd and Animalmother told me to drop by sometime.)

Which Games You Play: CS:Source (I only play steam games because I don't want to pay monthly fees and I keep myself pretty busy anyways)

Likes: I like all kinds of stuff. But, if you want some quick insight here goes: Star Wars, Bass Guitar, Home Improvement, Auto Repair, Online Gaming(duh), Movies, MUSIC(I am a trained audio engineer), Reading(Kurt Vonnegut, Stephen King, Micheal Crichton, J.R.R. Tolkien, Dan Brown, John Irving, National Geographic, Tattoo Mags, Mental Floss, etc..), Discovery Channel, History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Fishing, CAMPING!, Fire, Justice, HUNTER S. THOMPSON(r.i.p.), H.R. Gieger, etc...

Dislikes: the news, MTV, politicians, reality t.v., red lights, green peppers, cat hair on my clothes, stubbing my toes, ignorance

Biography:

Dun dun dun. I was born in 1981 on Mother's Day(May 10th) in Terre Haute, Indiana. Since then I have lived in Colorado, Michigan, Florida, and Iowa. Most of my time being spent in Indiana and Florida. I have a younger sister and a younger brother.

I now live with my girl in Cedar Rapids Iowa. I just bought my first house in July and have been keeping myself busy fixing it up. I work for a corporate monster, The Home Depot, but luckily I work in receiving so I don't have to deal with customers.

I have a diploma in Audio Technology from sae.edu, but have been unable to find enough work to keep me afloat, hence Home Depot. I am going back to school on January 9th for LAN Management at a local community college.

I really do hate writing about myself, if you want to know anything feel free to ask!

Why I Should Be a Member:

When I first started playing CS it was still 1.5. then 1.6 came out (No Way!) and I started playing in a server on the west coast called [UtI] (not urinary tract infection) Under The Influence. And it was the first server that I could play in where I wasn't always getting n00b bashed. The [UtI] guys would actually help us n00bs out and made the game fun to play even if your score was 1-65. This community reminds me of that. Only Lang seems to be much more orginized than [UtI] ever was.

Since then I have run a 1.6 server and a CS:Source server out of my pocket(it's a small server) trying to create a place that was the same enviroment. But, it was hard to do not only because it's extra money out of your pocket but because it was so time consuming without any help. Eventually I let the 1.6 server go just because of the headaches it caused and when I had my CS: Source server source was brand new and they didn't have any mod's or plugins for it yet. Running a server with no mods sucks!

I also dabbled in mapping as well. I haven't started mapping for cs:source yet because I just don't have the time!

So, I guess I should be a member because I understand what it was like to be a n00b and I know it sucks if you are trying to learn to play with a bunch of assholes. I also have some experience with running CS servers and could help troubleshoot any problems. I'd just like to be a part of a "community" that isn't all about how good a player's score is. (Really, mostly because I'm ugly and my mommy dresses me funny) :cry:
"Not all who wander are lost" ~J.R.R. Tolkein~

"The only contingency he had not learned how to bear was the possibility of his own madness." ~Stephen King~

Jabba
Rank 6

#2 Post by Jabba » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:04 am

GoodLuck Royale, Havn't played CS with you yet though. :?

Cat Hair on the clothes caught my attention, im sure thats someting everyone has to agree to hate...unless someone they dislike is allergic to cats, then its fine.

Royale
Rank 2

#3 Post by Royale » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:21 am

Jabba.Lang wrote:GoodLuck Royale, Havn't played CS with you yet though. :?

Cat Hair on the clothes caught my attention, im sure thats someting everyone has to agree to hate...unless someone they dislike is allergic to cats, then its fine.
Thanks man!

We have played CS together! de_cbble...
"Not all who wander are lost" ~J.R.R. Tolkein~

"The only contingency he had not learned how to bear was the possibility of his own madness." ~Stephen King~

Jabba
Rank 6

#4 Post by Jabba » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:21 am

Nooow We have. Awsome you got your vent up too. Only bad things is, you were impossible to hit tonight on CS...Presto probably agrees.

Presto
Rank 7
Steam ID: Prestidigitous

#5 Post by Presto » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:29 am

Ahaha. If anyone was hard to hit, it was that other guy on his team on office. Glad you stopped by Vent, that was fun.

Good luck on the app. :P

Dave
Rank 7

#6 Post by Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:44 am

Yay appy!

GL on the app, hope to play CS:S w/ you soon!...(before WoW consumes my soul entirely...)

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#7 Post by brews.Lang » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:33 am

Nice app. Keep posting and keep involved in the community!
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#8 Post by Hans Georg » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:42 am

Yea Royale,

Seem like you really got the jist of Lang! Come play CS:S with us more often and hop on Ventrilo when you do!
"This simply doesn't happy"

Salty.Lang
Rank 7
Steam ID: SaltyWeasel

#9 Post by Salty.Lang » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:47 pm

Had fun shooting you last night! :lol:
Last edited by Salty.Lang on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Rank 7

#10 Post by Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:22 pm

Your engrish is priceless. :)

beni
Rank 10
Steam ID: elbenito69

#11 Post by beni » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:38 pm

Speaking of Engrish, we got an email at work from a Taiwanese company we do business with...
Merry Christmas Day & Happy New Year 2006...... Wish you Happy & Lucky & Healthy Every Time

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#12 Post by Kentho Birne » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:29 pm

Woo! Good luck mate :D Play ET sometime so I'll get a chance to frag ya, too :wink:
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Baker
Rank 7

#13 Post by Baker » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:46 pm

Ah!! Sweet man good luck, you seem very very cool.
i l o v e m y c o l o r a d o ! <3

DarthBuckets
Rank 11
Steam ID: darthbuckets

#14 Post by DarthBuckets » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:11 pm

I'll stick with on "very". . . for now. He does like Vonnegut though. . .
The music washed away all the hate, and society started advancing. Every demographic was represented. It was a Rainbow Coalition of dancing.

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#15 Post by Kentho Birne » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Vonnegut
Read Slapstick yet? It's my favorite Vonnegut book :D
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous