Heretic Application

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Heretic
Rank 2

Heretic Application

#1 Post by Heretic » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:04 pm

Name: Doug

How I Found Out About Lang:
I found out about Lang while searching for a decent DoD Server to play in.

Which Games You Play:

As far as HL2 mods, DOD:S and CS:S.

I love when there is a stalemate, with both sides entrenched in. I think this situation really brings out the best in players. You see who is willing to go that extra mile to get a flag, make a kill. I also love getting to know the regulars in a server. I think this makes a world of difference in the game.

Dislikes:

These are probubly pretty standard. I don't like mic abuse, team wounding, slaying for obvious accidental tks, and also I don't like the loss of interest in the DOD:S server. This is part of the reason I am applying.

Biography:

I am a third year civil engineering student at Queen's University, in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I have been an avid gamer for years, in particular with the DoD mod for HL. On the non-gaming side of things, I play bass guitar, enjoy golfing, sailing, and partying.

Why I Should Be a Member:

I really believe in the community of players (both regular and new) on a server. Getting to know the people you play with significantly improves the quality of gaimg and enjoyment. Many of you who play on DoD server probubly already know me. If not, say hi. So, I guess my first reason for wanting to be a member is to help foster this sort of environment. The second reason is that I, like the rest of you, have noticed a real decline in server attendance and quality. I think a lot of players are disheartened by the rampant TKing, team wounding and empty server. Thus, I want to be a Lang so that I can show some of the "team colors", so to speak. I want to be a representative to help improve the server, and make sure it remains of the best there is.

Other:

If anyone has any questions or comments, I would be more than happy to entertain them. Thanks

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#2 Post by Hans Georg » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:10 pm

Hey Doug!

So you're a Golden Gale, eh? I go to Ottawa U, third year Mech Eng! I have seen you around in game and always welcome you as a useful teammate.

Lang is special because aside from making connections in game which, as you have rightly pointed out, improves the gaming experience immensely, we also strive to make connections outside the gaming world and that what the Lounge is for.

So, keep up the posting, hop on Ventrilo (Voice over IP application) and join in.

Cya around!

P.S. You don't happen to know a Tom LeRoy, do you? And also it might be possible that you even know some previous Lang members who also were in Queens Engineering. I don't quite remember their real names, but in game they went by Lepinski and Ph34rdaMullet. Matt, do you remember their names?

~Lionel
"This simply doesn't happy"

Heretic
Rank 2

#3 Post by Heretic » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:15 pm

Mech Eng at Ottawa U, eh? Thats pretty awsome! Do you do any of the teams? IE concrete toboggan, canoe, baja etc?

I dont know a Tom LeRoy, but if you can dig up the real names of those other guys maybe I know them. Queen's isnt that big!

animalmother
Rank 8

#4 Post by animalmother » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:45 pm

Great to see an app from you Heretic, good luck.
No sloppy slimey eggs

Vicious.Lang
Rank 6

#5 Post by Vicious.Lang » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:18 pm

gl on the app 8)
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you to their level and beat you with experience

Tommyboy
Rank 5
Steam ID: tommyboy435

#6 Post by Tommyboy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:43 pm

Good Luck Heretic!! :D

Chud
Rank 8

#7 Post by Chud » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:44 pm

good luck with the app, Heretic! :)

keep posting and see you in game!
Dave wrote:I <3 Chud
I <3 Dave

xxxv
Rank 7

#8 Post by xxxv » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:43 pm

Good luck on the ap. Post often so we can get to know you better.
May 21st, 2011 - Google It!

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#9 Post by Hans Georg » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:43 am

Heretic wrote:Mech Eng at Ottawa U, eh? Thats pretty awsome! Do you do any of the teams? IE concrete toboggan, canoe, baja etc?

I dont know a Tom LeRoy, but if you can dig up the real names of those other guys maybe I know them. Queen's isnt that big!
Nah, I have a lot of friends that are part of Formula SAE, but I don't have time for that stuff.....

Shit, I gotta ask Java for those guys' real names.
"This simply doesn't happy"

Razak
Rank 5

#10 Post by Razak » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:29 am

oh great a canadian. You and your aboots and eh. Your no better than the uppers. :P

anyways good luck
In Soviet Russia, noobs pwn you......

animalmother
Rank 8

#11 Post by animalmother » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:55 am

Take off, ya knob...
No sloppy slimey eggs

Salty.Lang
Rank 7
Steam ID: SaltyWeasel

#12 Post by Salty.Lang » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:57 am

animalmother.Lang wrote:Take off, ya knob...
Awsome I wish they had "great White North" on DVD.

O and Heretic good luck with the app.

FYI 66.148.86.22:27016 to get owned in CS :twisted:

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#13 Post by Java » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:21 am

Mullet was Justin Niedbala
And Lepinski was Julian Lepinski.

Heretic, I think some of the things you mentioned were significant. They were fundamental reasons for starting Lang in the first place, as I had realized that playing these coop games were much more enjoyable when you did them with people you knew.

Cannon Fodder[MN]
Rank 4

#14 Post by Cannon Fodder[MN] » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:00 am

Heretic!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you apply! I have had a good time chatting and playing with you in DOD. You seem to have hit the point (as Java mentioned) of Lang on the head! We all like to get to know each other as more then game players in order to form a close community. Lang is a great bunch!

Also, spread the word of the Needlefeast DoD:s server with your friends at school. Jump on Ventrillo and chat with out sounding like your using a Radio Shack Electric Kazoo (DOD voice chat LOL).

Post often and get to know us!

Later,
Cannon Fodder.Lang (not that OTHER Cannon Fodder guy that sprays that guy with the flag picture on the DOD server! :)
Cannon Fodder "What key is spellcheck"?

Kalign2
Rank 8

#15 Post by Kalign2 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:54 pm

hey, nice app and welcome to the boards :)

i just have one question though, any likes or dislikes that aren't game related? like music or something? I just find it nice to find some common ground with people.

good luck!
Kalign.Lang
Wineguy wrote:Special K is right
brews.Lang wrote:If you're not going to do something stupid what's the point of doing anything?