Re-application for membership

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
IncredibleMojo
Rank 6

#76 Post by IncredibleMojo » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:22 am

Glad to see someone came to his senses.

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#77 Post by Blackjack_21 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:29 am

Well, until I can beat the bots, which I can't, I'm not playing CS anymore. The hit detection is way off, and the only way anyone can hit anything, IMO, is to cheat. Yes, I'm calling the better CS players cheats.

Sue me.
Blackjack
---------21-----»

"Can you put that in a memo and entitle it '$#|+ I Already Know'?"
- Sarge, Red Vs. Blue, The Blood Gulch Chronicles

Wind.Lang
Rank 7

#78 Post by Wind.Lang » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:00 am

All those bots that are better than you, are they cheating too?
Kaikyrius (Night Elf Death Knight) : Member of Logic - Realm: Rexxar, Faction: Alliance

Presto
Rank 7
Steam ID: Prestidigitous

#79 Post by Presto » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:19 am

Blackjack_21 wrote:Well, until I can beat the bots, which I can't, I'm not playing CS anymore. The hit detection is way off, and the only way anyone can hit anything, IMO, is to cheat. Yes, I'm calling the better CS players cheats.

Sue me.
For some odd reason, I am reminded of this.

GreyEyes
Rank 7
Steam ID: greyeyedsniper

#80 Post by GreyEyes » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:35 am

well, from what i understand (cant really say from first hand experience) you shouldnt spray so much as try to take precise single shots. mabey thats your problem bj?

taken from another CS:S forum:
Grr... can't anyone ever play this game without cheating?

it's also ridiculous that I could be standing RIGHT NEXT TO SOMEONE and unload an entire clip into their eyeball and not register a single hit... when one shot from their ak when they're like half the level away from me and it's an automatic headshot. :-x
I do that to people, I have played long enough to predict their clip usage, and I have been point blank against an AK and stab killed them. Spraying = 0 accuracy.
Hey you clod! Get on Logic Chatâ„¢ now!

"You can't beat the Axis if you get VD!" - WWII propaganda poster

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#81 Post by Blackjack_21 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:30 am

Okay, let me see if I can get a few things straightened out here...

I've gotten to the point that I don't hold the trigger down unless I'm close enough to the other player to be able to tell what he had for dinner. I fire in short 2-4 round bursts when they're not right next to me. I am connecting for damage, but I've got it in my head that if I aim for the head, I'm going to miss. I don't know how I got myself wired like that, but I think it has to do with speed. I can get quicker body hits than head hits. By the time I get a headshot lined up, I'm dead. My framerate may be what's holding me back, or it's my reaction time, one of the two. If it's a combination of the two, then FPS's aren't for me anymore. I'd like to think I have a decent reaction time, and I know my framerate blows, but I can't get a new vid card just yet, unless someone wants to donate something better than an FX5600, which I thought was a good card. :roll:

Something that other players don't get is that you can prepare, at least mentally, to play an FPS. I've done it before, not knowing it until I started playing. I brought this up while playing CS a couple days ago, and everyone thought I was crazy. Well, it's like anything else that requires concentration and fast reflexes. You have to be mentally ready for it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that does something before they play that sharpens them up a little bit, at least.

I'll bet everyone's thinking I'm like Jekyll and Hyde with these posts. Completely irrational and emotional one minute, and calmer, more sane the next. It's amazing what sleep can do for you, even if it takes an hour to fall asleep. Must consider use of drugs to knock myself out faster. :shock:
I'm going to try something the next time I play ET. If it works, I'll see it immediately. If not, I'll go back and try again. I'll let everyone know if it works or not. If things go well, I'll let you know what I did.
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Bigg Cheese
Rank 10
Steam ID: bigg_cheese

#82 Post by Bigg Cheese » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:38 am

Actually, two things make me play better: Lack of sleep, and Reese's mmmmmmmm......

Somehow insomnia make me able to singly and intently focus my attention on the action at hand...

Whereas Reese's are yummy, and I usually have a pile of them next to my keyboard and...umm...
"If the taste of victory is sweet, then the taste of virtual victory is not Sweet and Low, nor the bullets made of sugar" -- Fox Mulder

YayCLooRS!!!

Presto
Rank 7
Steam ID: Prestidigitous

#83 Post by Presto » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:28 am

Lack of sleep helps me too. My scores when I don't get much sleep the night before, or when I stay up late are always better.

I don't 'prepare' to play CS though. I just hop on whenever, and in a couple of minutes, I'm in the groove again.

Nordic
Rank 9
Steam ID: linus.lang

#84 Post by Nordic » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:34 pm

This is a typical example where the right thing is what is right for YOU! If it works it 's fine! 8) Atheletes do this a LOT! Look at the top Track & Fields atheletes before a race or jump or throw. They go through the same ritual every single time, often without knowing it.

Stefan Holm adjusting his shirt over the shoulders.
Kajsa Bergqvist slapping her tighs.
Maurice Green walking back and forth like a tiger in a cage...

It's not WHAT they do but what prepare them mentally for the task at hand. Blackjack is on the right track here, the question is if you need it for a game! :wink: But I'm sure those who play professionaly in tournaments do stuff like that. Anything that can give them the edge and a split second's advantage. 1/100 better reaction can mean victory instead of defeat.

I'm not playing on this level so it doesn't matter what I do. For me it's more about being at the right place at the right time, doing the right thing. ET is about objectives and you don't need super reflexes to plant a bomb! :twisted:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#85 Post by Blackjack_21 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:09 pm

Hmm...
Can't really thing of anything I do before a good round as opposed to a bad one...aside from trying to get comfortable in my chair, that's about it. Having a set of headphones that suck isn't helping, I need a good headset to play and communicate with everyone. Plantronics better get me another .A90 real soon... (taptaptaptaptaptaptaptap)
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Ain Soph Aur
Rank 8

#86 Post by Ain Soph Aur » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:29 pm

There's a magic plant that makes me better at video games...! Things seem to move slower and i play alot smarter. I'm much more creative when trying to be elusive too. I like chewing while i play too(when i have no magic plants). Warming up before you play is a good idea too.
There's no escapin, once my blade starts scrapin...
My swords indeed, make more niggas bleed.

GreyEyes
Rank 7

#87 Post by GreyEyes » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:33 pm

Ain Soph Aur.Lang wrote:There's a magic plant that makes me better at video games...! Things seem to move slower and i play alot smarter. I'm much more creative when trying to be elusive too. I like chewing while i play too(when i have no magic plants). Warming up before you play is a good idea too.
:roll:

if i could roll my eyes any harder without them falling out of my head, i would.

Ain Soph Aur
Rank 8

#88 Post by Ain Soph Aur » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:43 pm

if i could roll my eyes any harder without them falling out of my head, i would.
lol, which part makes your eyes roll? Magic plants make you relaxed by the way Blackjack...good way to calm down.
There's no escapin, once my blade starts scrapin...
My swords indeed, make more niggas bleed.

GreyEyes
Rank 7

#89 Post by GreyEyes » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:52 pm

Ain Soph Aur.Lang wrote:
lol, which part makes your eyes roll? Magic plants make you relaxed by the way Blackjack...good way to calm down.
the part about the "magic plants". lemme quote:
Thier are also younger people on these boared that miht see this. And from what they are learning, drugs are bad.

Nowhere
Rank 10

#90 Post by Nowhere » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:39 pm

He said "magic plants"...you are assuming he is talking about drugs.
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM - SGT_SF