Re-application for membership

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Blackjack_21
Rank 3

Re-application for membership

#1 Post by Blackjack_21 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:08 am

Hopefully, I can keep my big mouth shut this time and play like I got a set, so to speak, so I'd like to try again.

Name: Foul Mouth Bass (although everyone knows me by Blackjack_21)

Other info: See my last post for membership, you'll get the gritty details.

I know I probably don't deserve another second chance, but I'll defer to you guys on this one. I won't beg, I won't grovel, and I sure won't let my temper get the best of me, either here or ingame. I'll do my darndest to try and enjoy the game, even when I'm getting pwned (did I really just type that?), and will endeavor to improve my skill, even if it takes 6 months to see any improvement.

Thanks for providing a great set of servers and for providing quality play, free of morons (excluding myself, of course), and for generally helping me have a good time while playing ET.
Blackjack
---------21-----»

"Can you put that in a memo and entitle it '$#|+ I Already Know'?"
- Sarge, Red Vs. Blue, The Blood Gulch Chronicles

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#2 Post by brews.Lang » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:16 am

Hey blackjack. Just remember. Deep soothing breaths. Good air in... bad air out...

Good luck with the app.
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

Steam ID: KaRma.Lang

#3 Post by Karma » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:32 am

YES BlackJack, we all deserve 2nd chance so please restrain your bad emotions or may be just express them differently (beat up your wall or something :wink: ) we really try to maintain a good atmosphere in the forum and on the server...Give it your respect and your best and I am sure that you'll have your 2nd chance.

Good luck and I think you're on the right track...I mean it is hard to look at yourself, acknoledging your "flaws" and trying to be better...I give you my respect for that.

important note: please be active with Lang, post on the forum, show your interest in Lang, come on IRC, Vent...etc...

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#4 Post by Kentho Birne » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:02 pm

Welcome back, and GL again Blackjack. Just like Brews said: Inhale...Exhale...Inhale...Exhale. :wink:
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#5 Post by Blackjack_21 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:11 pm

Just so long as everyone remembers my new nick, things should work out ok. :lol:

Kentho, did you stop playing Adventure Quest? Haven't seen Lord Nova in a long time, Jameth says "Hello, old friend". hehe

BTW, the new nick is "Foul-Mouth Bass". Might change it to "FoulMouthBass" if things go well.
Blackjack
---------21-----»

|PsYcHO|
Rank 6

#6 Post by |PsYcHO| » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:22 pm

You haven

*0b$cure
Rank 4

#7 Post by *0b$cure » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:33 pm

Preach it brotha!
BAM BAM.

GreyEyes
Rank 7
Steam ID: greyeyedsniper

#8 Post by GreyEyes » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:39 pm

well, good luck on the app. oh, and once again, make sure to stay active in the forums, servers and on irc.
Hey you clod! Get on Logic Chatâ„¢ now!

"You can't beat the Axis if you get VD!" - WWII propaganda poster

I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

Blackjack_21
Rank 3

#9 Post by Blackjack_21 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:45 pm

|PsYcHO| wrote:Now, you are wise if you take these points as words of advice, rather than a personal attack.

Psy
I see...

So, I should consider my re-application re-rejected and go on about my business, or do I actually have a chance at this? I can already tell I've got an uphill battle ahead of me if Psycho himself already has me blackballed. :roll:

I will remember one thing, Psycho. You don't consider me worthy of being a Lang. That's fine with me; you're entitled to your opinion. What matters to me is that I'm trying to make up for past transgressions, and I feel like I've already had the door slammed in my face, and I swear I can hear people on the other side of it laughing at me. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I'm a paranoid person by nature. I can tell things aren't gonna be easy, even if I'm on my best behavior. In your eyes, I'm not worthy. We'll see. Maybe one day you'll have to eat those words, so I'm glad you kept them short and sweet.

Have a nice day, Psycho. I look forward to living up to the new nickname while on NF. I can only hope you change your mind about me, although I can see it's not going to be easy. :twisted:
Blackjack
---------21-----»

Kalign
Rank 8
Steam ID: Kalign

#10 Post by Kalign » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:50 pm

Blackjack_21 wrote:I look forward to living up to the new nickname while on NF.
"Foul-Mouth Bass".

.... thats all i have to say, just ....
"Be excellent to eachother" - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bigg Cheese: Shut up!!!!!!! It's Californitucky now.

JohnNeova
Rank 7

#11 Post by JohnNeova » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:58 pm

Constructive cristism...good luck black jack..played with you on vent the other nite
Live to Kill Again.

-ex AngelOfDarkness

Zahlzz, Draenei Shaman
Mannoroth

JShadow
Rank 7
Steam ID: Jshadow3002

#12 Post by JShadow » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:59 pm

Wow You guys are harsh. GL with the App BlackJack

Kentho Birne
Rank 7
Steam ID: mspencer86

#13 Post by Kentho Birne » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:09 am

Blackjack_21 wrote:So, I should consider my re-application re-rejected and go on about my business, or do I actually have a chance at this?
Your re-app will be approved or "re-rejected" based on what happens this time. Will you have to work harder to atone for past mistakes? Definitely. If you're up to the challenge, go for it. ONLY YOU, YOUR actions, YOUR words, YOUR posts, etc. can influence YOUR application.

Best advice I can give is to relax, have fun, and call it a night (with a v55, ggs all) when you're getting frustrated. :)
beni wrote:Hey, as they say, there's no place like 127.0.0.1!
The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Nordic
Rank 9
Steam ID: linus.lang

#14 Post by Nordic » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:44 am

Yeah KB is right. I don't have the first hand experience Psycho seem to have but I realize that this is gonna be tough for you. Since you seem to realize that as well and still want to try it say something about your commitment.

It's though changing people's view of you if you gave the wrong impression from the start. It's not just that you need to show your good sides, you need to be active doing it. Posting on the forums, hanging on IRC, playing the game and being on Vent.

Getting Langs to know you is the way to go! Good luck!! 8)
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#15 Post by Java » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:21 am

We have a basic guideline in Lang; No cursing at members or non-members publically.
From your past reputation and your disposition in choosing your new name, I am not convinced that is a guideline you would uphold.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.