Applying to LOGIC

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Takehiko
Rank 1

Applying to LOGIC

#1 Post by Takehiko » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:37 am

Stats
===========
Name: Jay lee

Interests
===========
Dislikes: People who doesn't give you a chance.

Background
===========
Games Played: World of Warcraft. I've left it twice and came back, and I don't think I'll leave it anytime soon until age 20. Zelda, and Age of Empire.

How I Found Out About Logic: Nothing to do, Doing heroics were getting boring with pugs, and thought I should go back to trying to raid (Dreamed about ever since I created my Paladin.) Saw and heard players in LOGIC is a really good raiding guild and I saw Bryde who was a druid in LOGIC, and asked her if they were recruiting and she said Yes just go on the site and apply.

Biography: Hello LOGIC my name is Jay Lee. I'm 18 years old who hasn't decided if he should go to college or just play World of Warcraft for 2 more years. I've heard this game from a friend of mine who played not long after I did. At the time I wasn't into any games, all i did was draw and went to school. Until my buddy introduced me to WoW. Took me a while to get used to the key movement, and the way your camera moves and all that. First toon I ever made was a hunter, because I was a fan of rangers and having a pet. It as fun, but soon got boring, because I played on the alliance side I couldn't get to play with my buddy. So i teamed up with some school mates who also played we all decided to start over on Windrunner where I first got my first lvl 70. He was a warrior that I truly enjoyed playing. The school mates and I were on the race to reach lvl 70 and knowing I was new to the game they decided to let me play a bit more than them. After coming back from break they saw that i've left them in the dirt. I was lvl 58 without the Expansion. After getting the expansion I started spending a lot of the gold i've made and saved on gears, and later on realized Outland Gear is soo much better than buying gear from the AH or Auction house. My journey to lvl 70 was easy and fast. When I reached lvl 70 I went straight to PVP and bought more gear from the Ah, and whenever I'm not pvping I would go help my school mates on quests, instances and more. I was a noob, but i still played the way I did. I did not make fun of anyone's gear I did not inspect anyone to see how nooby or no lifer they are I was just a regular player who wanted to have fun. It got boring real soon after 70 my buddy told me to try new spec and talents. I went and tried arms in PvE and pvp, but with the gear i had i couldn't do much and it got horrible I couldn't kill a single horde, and i always lose in Duels. When i tried protection out i went broke! Bought all the gems all the gears and i was broke so I said I'm quitting wow forever. So I quit for a few weeks and was bored with nothing to do! So i came back, but this time not with the same account, because i gave it to a buddy of mine. Got new WOW game and started leveling a paladin. Paladins are sooo cool, they wear plate, heal, and tank. I never really liked ret before the 3.02 patch. I leveled as protection all the way up to 70 and tanked almost every instance there is. I reached lvl 70 not thinking how slow it was, but it was fun I got the chance to tank and do all the instances I never did on my warrior. Never did heroics i was soo afraid i would die and group would look down on me. I was all blue 11k hp and def capped, but i never had the confidence to find a pug or start one. One day i was invited to Karazhan as offtank i was soo shocked that i couldn't do it and my little brother had to offtank for me. Back then i didn't know pally off tanking was so bad. That invite gave me the opportunity and courage to tank heroics! They let me have 4 of the epic tanking items that dropped. Then I started working on stamina and spell damage and that wasn't easy. With no help at all since my school mates never reached lvl 70 even after I got my pally up to lvl 70. I decided to move to another server where there were some people i know who plays on the alliance side that has lvl 70s. So i came to Rexxar started lvl'ing up a shadow priest who soon to be what i call my most loved. The friends in Rexxar had a guild and it was TT. They had at the time 4 lvl 70s and lacking a tank so after playing in that server and deciding if i should leave Windrunner or not i kept playing on both servers to see. I know a friend who went to my school that was in a raiding guild. Everyday i would see him sleepy and tired, but when you talk to him about how did the raid go? His eyes would shine with excitement and would go on and on about how they down the boss with just 3 healers and 1 tank. He was a resto shaman, now he's in college still playing wow and raiding. First raiding guild he was in was Heresy, then Pandemonium, and now something else that i can't seem to recall. No clue why he didn't ask me to raid with him, but I wished he did. After knowing that you have to be 18 to join his raiding guild I transfered my paladin to Rexxar to help the guild TT with instances. We planned to do heroics whenever I haven't transfered my paladin to Rexxar, but shortly after I did all we did was Arenas and I became Holy to heal. It was soo much harder than being prot. Doing arenas soon got me hooked on PVP'ing and i went retribution for the first time. Back then ret paladins were not soo good as dps, but sometimes good in pvp depending on the gear they had. I got tired of getting killed by everyone and went back to PVE for a while. Played in Rexxar for 2 months on my pally then I decided to level up my Priest. Leveling up my Priest was a lot better than lvling my pally all i had to do was spam 4 numbers over and over. Soon Lich king came out the new patch came out and RET PALADINS WERE OVERPOWERED. The day before patch came out I decided to start doing my dailies so i went Ret and yes ret paladins can kill stuff a lot faster than protection, but they take in too much damage and use up a ton of mana. Next day when the updates was finally done I came on saw the new ret talent tree no clue if it was gonna be any better and after that i killed one of those Mana forgers and i was shocked! We can never run out of mana and we hit soo much better and our dps is off the chart! I had green and blue gears and i went and asked to be dps for Heroic Ramps and i had my damage meter on and my threat meter on. At the end of the run I was top dps, and we had a t5 hunter in the group. I so totally loved my pally and i stopped playing my priest. I went back to pvp got 4/5 of the paladin epic set and a 2hander greatsword. I went and did all the heroics i never did as ret. I was excited and now they would let me dps for Kara, and Zul' aman. Zul'aman was the last raid i ever done in BC. After lich king came out i got to lvl 71 and took a 1 week break. Came back 2 of the guys in my guild were lvl 80 and i was like i've gotta reach lvl 80 too! So after i reached lvl 80 i was bored again. I never liked farming so i went and did some heroic pugs and managed to get some Badge epics. Now i'm still bored with nothing to do, and i started thinking what about what i've always wanted to do when i reached lvl 70 and that was to get gear and do raids! Now i'm lvl 80 stuck at the same place i was in on my first lvl 70 warrior. I want to do more with this game, I don't want to keep doing what i hate to do, and that is get on everyday and see if anyone needs a dps for an heroic or raid. It won't happen that way. I've only done Naxx twice and the raid group i was in could only down 3 bosses and that's it. In the Pugs I was in i was always listening paying attention to the group and threat meter and off healing when needed. I always stay till the end where a tank had to leave and we would have to find another tank. I would stay even if it took forever to find a tank. I would still go on in pugs that had had people who had no clue what their doing, because it takes teamwork. If the healer is short of mana i would leave my position as dps and start healing the tanker and other group members. I always ask if I don't know a boss fight, and I don't look down at other players because I was once like them.

Thoughts
===========
Why I Should Be a Member: Why I should be a member? I always try my best in all the raid pugs and heroic dungeon runs. I ask about fights and give buffs to everyone. I'm not the best person in the world, but i try. I've always wanted to see how a guild like this do raids and stuff like that and how much time and teamwork is put in. I also am tired of just getting to the lvl cap and not being able to enjoy whats still out there that can't be reached without the right guild. I'm not in it for the gear and fame. I want to be a member that gets to raid, and to see how raiding feels like, and how I can become a better experienced WoW player.

WoW Specific
===========
Character Name: Jaychou
Class/Spec: i.e. Paladin/Retribution
WoW Experience: I've played wow ever since I was a Senior for almost 2 years now. I've always played on the alliance side on servers Terrokar, Windrunner, and Rexxar. Windrunner is where I transfered my paladin from. On windrunner all the guilds I've been in are guilds that chat and help each others out. None were for 18 and up and raiding.
Why you are looking to join: Yeah I'm leaving TT a regular guild for chatting and helping, we sometimes do heroic runs together, but that's only if all 5 of us are on.

Our raid times are 6 server, does this work for you? Yeah surely.
We require all members to use Ventrilo at all times, is this acceptable? Yeah.
Have you read our FAQ, Conduct, and WoW Guild page? Yes

Boring person

SGT_OKINAWA
Rank 11
Steam ID: SGT_OKINAWA

Re: Applying to LOGIC

#2 Post by SGT_OKINAWA » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:30 am

:shock:

Whoa...
:)

Good luck,
Peace! 8)
When the left swings TOO FAR LEFT the pendulum SWINGS SO FAR RIGHT, you get Trump. Liberals did this.

slophil3
Rank 5

#3 Post by slophil3 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:48 am

Very thorough application, that's for sure.

Overall, looking at your armory I can say your spec and gear choice is good. However, I would try and replace any attack power enchant/gem with strength because of us receiving 15 percent more strength from any strength stat on an item(divine strength talent). For example, a 32 attack power gem yields 32 attack power, whereas a 16 strength gem yields 36.8 attack power. Also, I see you specced into seal of command. I'm not sure what they will do with the new patch, but as of now it is strictly a pvp seal due to the fact that the 7 procs-per-minute(without glyph) and 8.4 procs-per-minute(with glyph) rate of damage does not scale well with longer fights. Although this means you'll have to work out a judgment rotation(ex: 3 lights, 2 wisdoms, etc) to keep healers less stressed with the huge amount of friendly fire you'll be doing to yourself(especially with glyph of judgment), the dps of Seal of the Martyr versus Seal of Command is a very large difference.

With those few things in mind however, your spec and gear choice so far seems pretty good, and seeing as a raiding ret paladin is an excellent fit in any scheme, I wish you luck with your application and hope you get the chance to Join Logic.

Feel free to hit up Hawtmuffinz(yeah, that's the name.) if you have any questions about the awesomeness that is the paladin.

Adondris
Rank 1

#4 Post by Adondris » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:32 am

Takehiko's wall of text crits adondris for 32309 (3482 absorbed).
Adondris dies.

slophil3
Rank 5

#5 Post by slophil3 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:47 am

"Can I get an innervate? Wait never mind. I'm dead now."

Adondris
Rank 1

#6 Post by Adondris » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:32 am

slophil3 wrote:"Can I get an innervate? Wait never mind. I'm dead now."
what does this have to do with his app? did i skip over something?

slophil3
Rank 5

#7 Post by slophil3 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:03 pm

No clue. Just quoted a drak run we had with quafio I think. You mentioning your death reminded me, however.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#8 Post by Java » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:25 am

Im not going to read that wall of text. If you can spend sometime formatting your post I will spend my time reading it.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.