Application for Membership -- Current Recruit: Marsenic

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Marsenic
Rank 1

Application for Membership -- Current Recruit: Marsenic

#1 Post by Marsenic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:13 am

Stats
===========
Name: Jason Edstrom

Interests
===========
Dislikes: Cheaters, Liars, Mean People

Background
===========
Games Played: World of Warcraft, Halo 3, Halo 2 (sometimes...when I miss the old maps)

How I Found Out About Logic: I was in a guild on Rexxar named The Crimson Age. Things were falling apart due to an ego clash and resulting schism in the guild (people taking sides). Eventually it failed. My friend in real life, Jose (Seis, Terriarde, Bigzby) was in Logic and told me of the welcoming, mature environment and the passion for success that he felt during his days in Logic. With a PST to Med, I am currently a Recruit.

Biography: I've been a pretty hardcore gamer since I was about 4 years old. My parents bought me an Atari 2600 and it was love at first sight. I remember hating the game E.T. Over the course of growing up I've owned a NES, Super Nintendo, Playstion 1 & 2, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Xbox, and Xbox 360. The genres that I enjoy most are Action, Role-Playing, Shooters, Adventure and Fighting. The achievement systems that have emerged on Xbox Live and now in World of Warcraft amuse me, because "back in my day" I used to play my NES and Super NES games so much that I would create my own challenges (achievements, if you will) to entertain myself with the games that I had beat 1000 times. My proudest achievment? I beat Contra on the NES with my toes when I was 8. :) I used to enjoy playing numerous games, however as of late I'm getting so much enjoyment from WoW and Halo 3 that I really don't play much else. I just love the depth of each game and the polarity of the pace and experience of each game. They satisfiy both my epic questing/plundering and improvisational/acrobatic shooting gaming needs quite nicely. Aside from gaming: I'm a 27 year old single dad, I have a 2 year old little girl named Kayla, and she is the one thing I love more than gaming. I'm working on getting back into school to finish my Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's Degree (I have about 2 years left).

Thoughts
===========
Why I Should Be a Member: I should be a member due to my passion for gaming and my desire to be in a community of like-minded players. What I love about WoW is that a guild truly prospers when its members help each other out and enjoy doing it. I'm willing to help fellow members whenever possible. I'm fanatical about researching my character class and the raid strats. I take pride in contributing positively to the guild whether that means helping with quests or making deposits into the guild bank. When I am out solo questing, I never forget that I carry Logic's name with me at all times. I consider myself very polite to the players I meet out in the game world. I always give 100%.

WoW Specific
===========
Character Name: Marsenic
Class/Spec: Mage/Fire (soon to be frost-fire hybrid, after more research)
WoW Experience: Playing since: Feb. 2008 (mid BC) Past Guilds: Mibu Clan, The Crimson Age Dungeons Cleared: Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Gruul's Lair
Why you are looking to join: Currently a Recruit, looking to obtain Member status, Desire to progress to end-game content

Our raid times are 6 server, does this work for you? My work schedule is very hectic. I will always respond to Raid Invites ASAP (even if it's a decline)

We require all members to use Ventrilo at all times, is this acceptable? This is acceptable.

WoW Armory link to your character(s) will help speed up the process. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Marsenic

Areze
Rank 1

Re: Application for Membership -- Current Recruit: Marsenic

#2 Post by Areze » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Interesting, haven't seen a recruit take the time to show a desire for full membership. I give that a thumbs up.