Gabekam - Warlock application

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
Gabekam
Rank 1

Gabekam - Warlock application

#1 Post by Gabekam » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:22 pm

Name: Greg

How I Found Out About Lang: I've been a long-term member of Shinigami and Mythology. Really enjoyed playing with the people in those guilds. I've done Heroics / Raids with Gregoriar, Supozitor and Sweetpea if you need any references.

Which Games I Play: I only play WOW right now. I started playing WOW just before the BC expansion. Before that, I played Asheron's Call for 7 years. In that older MMOG, I was a founding member of the best guild on the server. We did most of the quests first and we had the best players on the Leafcull server.

WoW Experience: Kara / ZA / Mags / Grulls full clear, 3/5 Hyjal and 4/6 SSC. Park organizes these nostalgia runs through old content. I love to do MC / BWL / etc since I never got to do those. I've progressed my equipment so that I'm usually near the top of the DPS charts. Changing spec from Demonology to Destruction was a huge improvement.

Likes: Groups that are competent and go fast! I like chain pulls and getting things done first time. Fast runs are good runs. This is the main reason I play a warlock for the very low downtime. I also love runs with Supozitor - GO GO FTW!

Dislikes: Drama. I'm older than most players and I can't stand the little kiddies screaming at each other over stupid shit. I never cause that or get involved in it. Mute and ignore are frequently used features.

Biography: I have a very stressful job that involves a lot of teamwork and deadlines. Playing this game is stress relief for me since I can focus entirely on what I am doing in game. It's a nice escape from the pressure I have elsewhere. One thing you should know - I have two 11 mo old twins. I can never be on unless I have my nanny here, or after they are asleep.

Why I Should Be a Member: I'm a good player. I know my class and how to play it. I also play nice with others. I greatly value teamwork and I'm willing to do what it takes to make a guild fun and successful. I come to raids prepared and I research the bosses so I know what to do. I play this game to hang out with my friends ... and many of them are in your guild now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Gabekam

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

Re: Gabekam - Warlock application

#2 Post by Java » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:57 am

Hi Greg,

I spoke to you briefly on last night.

I'm a bit curious what you do for a living? What makes your job so stressful?

Have you had a chance to read over our Conduct, FAQ and WoW Guild pages?
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

SGT_OKINAWA
Rank 11
Steam ID: SGT_OKINAWA

#3 Post by SGT_OKINAWA » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:11 am

Gabekam wrote:Dislikes: Drama. I'm older than most players and I can't stand the little kiddies screaming at each other over stupid shit. I never cause that or get involved in it. Mute and ignore are frequently used features.
Hey someone almost as OLD as I am. missed it by 3 years, but hey glad to have you around, ... just watch out for beni, he really likes it when you send him PM asking him how his day went, other then that, Welcome!

Good luck with the application.

(Trick to getting in,,..... POST A LOT)

Peace! 8)
When the left swings TOO FAR LEFT the pendulum SWINGS SO FAR RIGHT, you get Trump. Liberals did this.

damnscout
Rank 4

#4 Post by damnscout » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:07 pm

SGT_OKINAWA wrote:Hey someone almost as OLD as I am. missed it by 3 years,
Girt is older.

But doesn't post.

Cuz he's probably too old to keep up with all the posts.
Endured/Match/Enduren/Wirf/DamnScout - Logic - Rexxar
-
"I swear to God I'm an atheist!"

Dyslexics of the world, untie!

Anarchists United.

Q: What do you call a black man flying a plane?
A: A pilot, you fucking racist!

Gabekam
Rank 1

#5 Post by Gabekam » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:48 pm

I work at Dell. We're playing a little game right now called employment of the fittest. Or perhaps it should be called, termination of anyone who can be replaced in Asia. I found out last week that I was successfully moved into division that will never go to Asia, so I'm pretty happy about that. It's not as senior a position as I am used to, but there's lots of upward potential. It's definitely a lot less stress since I have 11 month old twins.

I have read all the guild FAQs, Code of Conduct and WOW pages. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

You know, I'm looking for Cheers online. Somewhere you can go after work were people know your name and are happy to see you. We get things done and there's no little kiddies spouting off.

I've only recently gotten my warlock up to the point where I can lead DPS charts. It's very satisfying to make a noticeable contribution to a raid. I come prepared with my own consumables and I'll do whatever you guys need to get the job done.

Also, I noticed Whereswaldo applied. He's a great hunter in Mythology and I recommend him also.

Dave
Rank 7

#6 Post by Dave » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Gabekam wrote:Cheers online.
So that's what Blizzard's new MMO is.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#7 Post by Java » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:09 pm

Hit me up in game to schedule an interview.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.