God'sAssassin : Application

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
God's Assassin
Rank 1

God'sAssassin : Application

#1 Post by God's Assassin » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:19 am

Name: Karl Dines

How I Found Out About Lang: I posted on the ETQW forums, looking for a Clan. Java kindly sent me a PM

Which Games I Play:Currently play ET:QW as my main online game. Just finished playing City of Heroes but it ripped the life out of me so I had to stop, I headed up the largest Supergroup (guild) on the Union Server. TF2, which is a HOOT and Portal, oh God how I love Portal... "I don't hate you"..........

Likes: Pie. Oh, and gaming, good teamplay non of that statwhoring rubbish, thats why ETQW appeals to me. SciFi, love a good SciFi story, Battlestar Galactica blew me away, also into Photoshopping, sigs, posters, that sort of thing.

Dislikes: L33tspe4k, statwhoring, non teamplayers, Snipers in ETQW who dont lay down the radar, anyone who disrespects their fellow human. Fish, not a great fish lover, unless it's fishfinger sandwitches, they rock.

Biography: Jeez, OK how far do I go back... I'll do it by console / game.
BBC computer: Sat at home doing Basic, and looking in utter utter amazement and the detail, the 3d-ness the graming beauty that was Elite. Thats when I got 4.00 am going to bed habit, still haven't shook it off, and it gets me into trouble.
Nintendo brick, you know the square one: Played SuperMario until my fingers bled, wow OMG! Colour screens and everything, 2D scrolling Heaven. At this time I got my first house after leaving University... I just had this yearning for something more real, like wouldn't it be great if you could like, walk around a 3D environment. Actually see youself in rooms, and outside and shoot things and..oh... what's that?
Playstation 1 : OMG! Laura Croft! All 3d walky walky shooty dinosaur lovelyness!! You can actually see youself in rooms, and outside and shoot things. That big dinosaur made me poop my loonpants I tell yer.
Playstation 2 : ...and the greatness of Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto, Time Splitters. I was one of THE first in the UK to get a PS2, my mate was a Project Designer for Sony (Leeds) at the time, doing the F1 games, so he had a 'spare' PS... Happy days....
PC : I bought one off the shelf from PCWorld, yeah yeah I know, PC nublah.... but that was then and this is now :) But that got me into online gaming, remember the first time you played online, what a rush, and Hey! wait a minute, you can't do that! Bots don't do that, oh noes I be OMGWTFPWND!!!!! time and time again. Welcome to the real world of gaming :D My first experience and still one of my favourites was Return to Castle Wolfenstien, MP online with a US Clan called Evil Smurfs, I cannot tell you how many time I ran up that hill in 'Tram' VSaying "I'm a Medic". So that led on to Planetside, my first MMO and where I joined another UK Clan.

That was 6 years ago now, many great games under my belt, Enemy Territory, Battlefield Vietnam, Half Life 1 and 2, City of Heroes, BF2, BF214. And in the course I founded and set up the FPS Division within my Clan, became 2nd in Command and eventually took over about 4 years ago, dragging the guild kicking and screaming into the 21 Century. It currently has 800+ members playing games in the MMO Division, and the FPS Division, running a dedicated server, teamspeak and a Ranked BF2142 server. It's structured with me at the top, then Admins, Captains, Officers and members,

So, I'm at the top of my Gaming game as it were and I am reorganising my current Guild into a Council of top level people with not one person in charge, in other words I can't take it further, but I know a group of loyal people who can. I'm orchestrating my own retirement from running a highly successful multi country multigaming guild. I also do a mean line in Photshoppery, posters, sigs, that sort of stuff....

I need some 'me' time. and a new challenge.

Why I Should Be a Member: I cannot function online without a community. I game in teams, I work in teams, and I have to contribute to forums, be it discussions, artwork or ideas. If I don't then I get grumpy. Grumpy = not a nice place to be.

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

Re: God'sAssassin : Application

#2 Post by Java » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:00 pm

Welcome Karl.

It sounds like you have an exhaustive amount of experience in online gaming!

As I mentioend to you before, there is plenty of action here on the boards.

Apart from that, we have regularly scheduled gaming get-togethers Sunday-Friday. Make sure to keep track of what event is when with the Message of the Day, on the main page.

Otherwise, im glad you registered, so post more so we can get to know you better.
Join our Slack channel. Send me a PM with your email address for an invite.

LiQuiDKaiN.Lang
Rank 9
Steam ID: liquidkain.lang

#3 Post by LiQuiDKaiN.Lang » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:42 pm

no mention of River City Ransom

-1 point
You can't be both pro-life and anti-zombie at the same time.

Amor Fati.

Wii=2769-1513-2091-1588
Mario Kart= 0130-2345-5166
Brawl= online sucks ass, so Miyamoto owes me 20 bucks...

PS3=LiQuiDKaiN

God's Assassin
Rank 1

#4 Post by God's Assassin » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:36 am

River City Whatywhatwhat?

*googling now*

Ah... is a 'Merican thang, I'm from the UK.

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#5 Post by Hans Georg » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:43 pm

Return to Castle Wolfenstein....

That's how it started for me..and that's how Lang started. Forged in the fires of MP Beach demo!!

I could still draw the layouts of Assault and Depot on the back of my hand.

Venom in the train anyone?

OH MAN!

Welcome Karl! Hope to see more of yea!
"This simply doesn't happy"

Java
Rank 11

#6 Post by Java » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:50 pm

Depot would make a great map for Quake Wars. I mentioned that over Ventrilo one night, and I got no responses. I don't think anyone on that evening had ever played RtCW.

God's Assassin
Rank 1

#7 Post by God's Assassin » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:22 pm

Depot, that the one with the rail coaches acting as a bottleneck? The times I was gibbed trying to get through them.... :D

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#8 Post by Hans Georg » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:27 pm

God's Assassin wrote:Depot, that the one with the rail coaches acting as a bottleneck? The times I was gibbed trying to get through them.... :D

Yea that's the one.

For a while we played OLTL (one life to live) and that map was brutal. One guy would lean around the boxes with the Venom, and by the time you heard it wind up you were dead. :lol:
"This simply doesn't happy"

Java
Rank 11

#9 Post by Java » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Not to derail BUT... I am still in touch with the admins from Smokeherb. Good guys.

Zephyr
Rank 8

#10 Post by Zephyr » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:35 am

Welcome! Glad to have you around!