Application for AcidPhysx

If You Would Like to Contribute To Our Family, You Can Fill Out An Application Here
AcidPhysx
Rank 4

Application for AcidPhysx

#1 Post by AcidPhysx » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Name: Carl T. III

How I Found Out About Lang: Played RTCW and ran into CannonFodder. Loved Needlefeast and the whole Lang gang.

Which Games You Play: ET

Dislikes: Cheaters, TK'ers and people with no sense of humor

Biography: As most of you know I was a janitor for almost ten years. I played ET on an outdated 677 with a GeForce2. Due to the crazy hours of my janitorial job (noon to 3AM) I was unable to commit to to Lang or any other clan for that matter, but Lang was my only interest. I no longer clean shitters and now have a really fun job at Operations Technology Inc.

I designed and coded http://www.optek.net in its entirety including the flash. I also build the machines you see there and get to go around the world troubleshooting them. It's a step up from attacking crusty toilets with a johnny mop. I still live in a trailer with my redneck wife with whom I've been married to for 5 years this May. I love her dearly. :)

My computer is now also upgraded. :)

Why I Should Be a Member: I have had the pleasure of playing with many of you Lang/Logic over many many years. The fun spirits mixed with the over all great games kept me coming back for hours a week.

I am no great player by any stretch of the imagination, but as soon as I knew the QW launch was nearing I knew I had to be a part of this family. I want to be playing QW with all of you, knowing that ggs will be had every night. I will also have my stock of Jim Beam, Bass Ale and other goodies to keep laughing and playing.

This will be the best multiplayer title possibly of all time and although I would have played with all of you anyway, I would like to belong to Logic formerly and contribute whatever I can. I can't get over the non-traditional clan style that I believe Lang/Logic has founded. The friendship I found is unmatched and you are all great people.

My skills: PHP, HTML, Networking (mainly Cisco IOS), CAD, Blender, Flash, Hardware. I was usually a medic in ET and can't wait to explore QW.

I would also like to contribute to the hardware stuff for people looking to upgrade. Right now I am in the process of setting up the 805D overclock and will hopefully be SLI'ing my 7600GT shortly.

Hans Georg
Rank 11

#2 Post by Hans Georg » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:21 pm

Well hello Carl,

I remember you from the server quite a bit, nice that you finally dropped by!

We really plan on building a following through QW and hopefully you can be part of that as you mention.

We want to get to know you, since in-game chat is rare these days (until QW comes out) this is mainly achieved through the forums, and through Ventrilo, which is less frequented now, but still frequented by a core following of Logic members.

So, don't be shy, and hope to see you around.

~Hans
"This simply doesn't happy"

Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

#3 Post by Java » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Carl. We have received your application and have posted a thread in the MO section so we can discuss/review your candidacy (as is typical procedure).

You have been a registered user for a year now, so it is evident you make careful consideration with this application. We appreciate you taking the time to make it, and your interest in being a more integral part of Log!c.

As for the web-work, I have plans to continue to grow the Progic and will keep you at the top of my list of people willing to help.

beni
Rank 10
Steam ID: elbenito69

Re: Application for AcidPhysx

#4 Post by beni » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:36 pm

AcidPhysx wrote:I still live in a trailer with my redneck wife with whom I've been married to for 5 years this May. I love her dearly. :)
You'd just about have to if you've been sharing the same trailer that long... :lol:

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#5 Post by brews.Lang » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Wow, lots of representation from the Pocs. Good luck with the app. If I'm ever up your way we'll have to share some of that Bass. I'm down near Bethlehem.
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

Bigg Cheese
Rank 10
Steam ID: bigg_cheese

#6 Post by Bigg Cheese » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:21 am

haha.. almost misread your resum
"If the taste of victory is sweet, then the taste of virtual victory is not Sweet and Low, nor the bullets made of sugar" -- Fox Mulder

YayCLooRS!!!

AcidPhysx
Rank 4

#7 Post by AcidPhysx » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:38 am

Wow! Thanks for the quick and warm welcome!

Yeah, I agree, web stuff can be really tedious, you just have to get in that groove.

And yes, I do build the x-ray machines.

That x-ray machine on the site was nearly completed when I started there, but we did have to refurbish an older one from Ireland that is now in China, so I got to play with that for a while.

If we ever get another order for an x-ray, I'll let you know the ins and outs if your interested , Bigg Cheese.

We are an extremely small company with only 15 employees. Most of us have diverse responsibilities. I do the web site, CAD dimensioning for the newly created parts, build all the measurement machines you see there, and am now working on a 3D animation with Blender to showcase our newest model.

Brews, I took all my networking courses at Northampton down in Bethlehem, and that's also where I saw ATHF:MFFT. Regal is the only cinema showing it around here.

Silencer
Rank 7
Steam ID: Silencer_Man

#8 Post by Silencer » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Whoa, I live in the Poconos too...

Welcome!
beni wrote:Beni's internets magic recipe:

2 packages Jelloâ„¢ Instant pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 Bill Cosby

Blend, chill, and serve.

The secret is in adding Bill Cosby to the blender at the right time.

AcidPhysx
Rank 4

#9 Post by AcidPhysx » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:53 pm

Ah yes Gouldsboro, home of The Grandview, and I think Planet Pocono is around there too.

It's a different world up there. I'm down in Marshall's Creek.

brews.Lang
Rank 7

#10 Post by brews.Lang » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:59 pm

Ahh, I spent a few evenings at the grandview... good times.

We should plan a NEPA Lang get together sometime. I'm playing in a band now and we'll be playing out live soon. Maybe I can pursuade all local langs to come out and rock and get good and loopy with me.
"We want to get that pickle jar off this coyote's head. For humane reasons, we don't want him to suffer. We don't want him to go through life with a pickle jar on his head." Virginia Moreno

Bigg Cheese
Rank 10
Steam ID: bigg_cheese

#11 Post by Bigg Cheese » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:08 pm

Sounds like fun, Acid :).

You must play CS!.. I demand it :lol:
"If the taste of victory is sweet, then the taste of virtual victory is not Sweet and Low, nor the bullets made of sugar" -- Fox Mulder

YayCLooRS!!!

animalmother
Rank 8

#12 Post by animalmother » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:29 pm

CS? Whats that?
No sloppy slimey eggs

Zephyr
Rank 8

#13 Post by Zephyr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:19 am

What's up buddy? Welcome.

AcidPhysx
Rank 4

#14 Post by AcidPhysx » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:45 am

I played CS eons ago. I'd be a total noob all over again. :(

So many people in NEPA. It seems as though the old Needlefeast server was only a few hops from here. It always came up as a low ping for me anyway.

There are so many things to do out here it's ridiculous. Mainly anymore it's waiting in traffic for the touristas going to about ten million strip malls. I miss the good ole days. There is also a Best Buy going up and an alleged IMAX theatre, but those will probably be replaced by yet another strip mall when it's said and done.

The earth day festival was pretty cool yesterday up at Jim Thorpe. For those of you who don't know, it's this crazy small town with narrow streets and many eclectic shops and cafes. Names such as Shabby Foo-Foo and Through the Looking Glass are just a couple.

Favorite past-times down my way include drinking on the porch, listening to the rain with Bob Marley, giving totally wrong directions to people who drive on my lawn, hunting, fishing, and waiting in traffic on the weekends.

Fear
Rank 6
Steam ID: fear.lang

#15 Post by Fear » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:11 pm

AcidPhysx wrote:Favorite past-times down my way include drinking on the porch, listening to the rain with Bob Marley, giving totally wrong directions to people who drive on my lawn, hunting, fishing, and waiting in traffic on the weekends.
You're like a cool old redneck dude! I like you!
I still don't have a good quote, but at least I have something...

Xbox 360 gamertag: FearLang