Interview: TBallz (Watson)

Interviews Conducted In Lang-Fashion
Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

Interview: TBallz (Watson)

#1 Post by Java » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:56 am

An Interview with TBallz.Lang (now known as Watson)
Introduction: The Mackdrizzle had an oppurtunity to whip up a few questions for the master of media - TBallz. Read up on TBallz's plan to start a Lang soap opera.

First of all, to those who are unfamiliar with "Da Ballz" can you please tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from, your upbringing, etc
I'm from Pennsylvania and have basically lived here for my entire life. I grew up in several small rural areas and have come to appreciate the small town/backwoods environment and atmosphere.
As a youngster, I played baseball and was a member of a marching troupe called the "Buckaroos". High school was a very active and fun time for me. I ran track, did sound/lighting/pit for the yearly musicals, played in the concert/marching/pep/jazz/honors bands, and worked at a totally sweet job (Dairy Queen) to fund my car addiction.
A Beetle, Firebird, and Camaro are a must-have at some point in your life! College (the first round) was a blast as well, but those stories are best reserved for late night revelry. :-)
Nowadays, I really enjoy small game hunting, biking, hiking, jogging, ski boarding and computer games. I also love to play for (off and on) and support a local band. It can be tough at times to squeeze these activities in between work and school, but where there is a will, there is a way!

Where did you attend college, and what do you study?
I attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a notion of studying biochemistry, but that was quickly changed. After switching into biology and taking a good portion of core classes, I realized that I was probably not on the right career path and jumped ship senior year. A few years passed and now I'm back up in the saddle, looking to dive into information systems and history at Clarion University of Pennsylvania.

What do you do for a living?
I currently work for a local manufacturing facility that produces beverage and food coolers for the food industry. As a kid growing up, I fondly recall telling my mother just how badly I wanted to specialize in the refrigeration of drink and food. Now I'm larger than life and living that dream (an umbrella would be very useful under all of this dripping sarcasm). Hopefully after completion of the second attempt at a degree, I will be employed somewhere doing something I like.

How did you stumble on this little place that we call home?
I found this most excellent community through the Wolf:ET Needlefeast server. After countless attempts of searching for good play, quality admins, and low ping servers, I finally discovered the Lang utopia.
Many spent shell casings later, I was drawn into the forums and experienced the whole of what Lang is about. I haven't looked back..

Lang Requisite Question: If you could sit down and have dinner with anyone, who would it be and why?
I would like to share a meal and a beer with some fellow Langstas and have a good time of it.

How did you get your start in online gaming?
I was rather late to the computer gaming scene in general and didn't own my first PC until around 2000 or so. Online gaming was introduced to me by both Unreal Tournament and Age of Empires. UT fulfilled the online twitch action, while AOE was a great game to play with friends. Some AOE matches started at night and finished right about the time the eggs and bacon should be hitting the frying pan! Another noteworthy online game that claimed me as a victim was World War 2 Online.

Do you plan on attending the "Lang Boston Bash" in July? If so, what are you planning to bring to the table to make it an unforgettable event?
The "Lang Boston Bash" will hopefully be a go. I plan on bringing an over sized replica of a pickle and several unicorns so that everyone can feel at home.

Give me some examples of what I may find in your DVD collection. Favorite movie?
In my ever expanding DVD collection, you will find titles from anime, cartoons, drama, war, humor, documentary, music, mystery, sci fi, etc. A favorite movie is impossible, though a "Top 100" with Casey Kasem as the narrator would be feasible.

Stop what you're doing