Interview: Hans

Interviews Conducted In Lang-Fashion
Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

Interview: Hans

#1 Post by Java » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:31 am

An Interview With Hans.Lang
Introduction: This is the first interview by our resident Gangsta: Mack. Mack managed to catch up with Hans and ask him some questions before he headed off to the Bahamas.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where you are from, where you currently reside, what you do for a living.
I was born in Germany and moved back and forth between there and Canada. Currently I live in Ottawa our nation's capital. I am a student of Mechanical Engineering at U of O, and soon I will be working ...hopefully.

Any siblings? If yes, how is your relationship with them?
I have an older sister (24). We used to fight a lot but now everything is chill. She lives in Berlin, so when I talk to her there is a lot to catch up on.

Is there a significant other in your life?
Uhhhhh. Signifacant other? Well I don't plan on getting married any time soon.

So Hans has a honey??
*no comment*

If I were to look under your bed...what would I find?
Lots of single socks that have disappeared and went MIA after laundry day. Maybe a "magazine" or two.

Riiiight magazine...I think we all got one or two of those under the bed...some movies as well....lol. What crazy whip is the Hans drivin around?
A '92 Buick LeSabre....my parents' car.....Don't be mistaken, it is a honey magnet! You can fit four ppl in the back, or two lying down ;-p

I dont doubt you on the chick magnet there. Had a '91 Taurus with rust and such....and I still maintained my pimp status... So How did you become addicted to Wolfenstein, and how did you find yourself in Lang?
RTCW had me in its grip from the day I played the first release of the Multyplayer demo. The map was beach and there was no escape. I had a cracked version (of course) and started playing on a server named EMS. Basically it was for me the Needlefeast of the cracked RTCW days....Turns out Java was involved with that server and one day, on the custom map Bunker, he asked me if I was interested in joining Lang. Even back then the whole concept was of courtesy, tolerance and team play. It sounded fascinating and I had never been in a clan before so I thought I'd try it out. Fast forward two years and voila!

MP40 or the Thompson?
Knife.

Are you a fan of the Noob Tube? If so, why?
I like the Panzer. I play it when I have had enough of shooting and my wrist hurts. I don't like the expression "noob tube". Using it correctly requires skill.

Is there one thing that you learned here (Lang) that you can take with you for the rest of your life?
I learned that you can make friends without ever having met someone.

...thats mine as well...I have met some great people here...and have never seen face to place...thats what makes Lang so great... Time for the *Speed Round*, what is the first word that comes to mind when you see the following:
RtCW: Assault (map)
ET: Awesome
College: Class
Lang: Lounge
MaCkDrizZle: LOL (ouch..laughed at)

What do you enjoy doing away from online gaming, and Lang?
I enjoy relaxing and relieving every-day stress. Just drinking a few brews with my friends or playing some sports. Maybe working out. (Why does this sound like a personal ad?)

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Graduating from University and looking forward to a new life.

Where do you see Lang in 5 years?
Wow, this is a hard question. I see Lang bigger and better. More members working on more projects. I see a new game and new people but the same underlying concept. I see revenues through legitimate business and a well-known, well-respected entity amongst a community, whether it be gaming, mapping, MODs. Maybe even something outside the realm of Gaming...who knows.

If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would want to meet the person who invented the wheel and see if they were really brilliant or just plain lucky. I am guessing lucky.

Who is your favorite Lang to play with, and who is your favorite to kill?
My favorite Lang to play with is.....Nah you don't think I'm gonna give you a straight answer on this one are you? My favorite to kill is Java for sure, just cause I have known him the longest and that chance doesn't come along every day.

Share some great moments you have, while in Lang.
I remeber some OLTL [one life to live] days where we were all on TS together and people were like, "Lang, who the fuck is Lang?" and then we pwned them all. muahahah. Also, recently everytime I hear praise of Lang and the servers I feel pride in the things we have accomplished and my own little part in it all.