Interview: Zephyr

Interviews Conducted In Lang-Fashion
Java
Rank 11
Steam ID: java_lang

Interview: Zephyr

#1 Post by Java » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:42 am

An Interview With the Z-Man, Zephyr.Lang
Introduction: Our third full-length interview has been long over-due. Yardboy conducted this interview with the Z-Man as his computer was having issues. Time spent off of Wolf gave Z plenty of time to sit down with us and give us a short dissertation on Tool and what makes them so extraordinary. ~J

So Z, where were you born, and when did u come to the United States?
I was born in Bucharest, Romania. I came in around '91, when I was a wee lad of 5, with plans of spreading Communism while working for the People's Securitate. Good job for 5 years old, eh?

What's your real name?
Aram.

Where do you live now?
I live in a little house in the little town of little neck, queens, NYC. Too close to Creedmore. The bus I take to school (unless I take the early bus) is known town-wide as the Crazy Bus. If you ever get on the Crazy Bus, grab the seat furthest the the back of the bus, otherwise you'll regret it.

How did you get started in gaming? When did you start playing Wolf online?
Gaming. Ahhhh. I think it all started with Duke Nukem and Doom, me and my best bud were some serious hardcore gamers thru-out the 90s. Whew. All the memories. Warcraft 2 really stands out when I think of my gaming moments. I started playing Wolf several months after it came out, first server I played on was SSI Beach. That server is my home. And SSI kicks ass. I must've spent MONTHS on that server playing beach over and over and over. I think I spent more time "with" SSI then half their members, haha. You're prolly wondering why I didn't join them? Heh, so do I, it was only since I joined Lang and the true devastating power of the Demolition Man was unleashed that they hinted me joining. Funny thing is, I actually considered it for a while, even though SSI rocks the house, I chose to stay with Lang. But before Lang, there was my first real wolf clan, {DOG}. Awesome clan. Everything was perfect. Came back from Summer Vacation, they disappeared. I was DeerDance{DOG}. Hehe, Jason's favorite name. Then I was on Planetwolf one VERY FATEFUL day, and the pic of the day was the Lang Clan Wallpaper. I checked out the site, and even though (after DOG died) I didn't want to re-join a clan because school was starting, I saw they were a close east coast clan, and I said, ah WTF lets give this a shot. And look at where I am today! : P

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Government law enforcement perhaps.

What sports do you play? Are you any good at them?
Hockey. Yea I had a lot off shit in me, all until the accident. I also play Tennis. I'm good at sailing. Or at least was. Yeah and skiing/snowboarding of course.

What accident? Tell me it was a plane crash. I've never met anyone that survived a plane crash.
No. I slammed into the boards at 25 mph entangled with 3 other bodies. I was the lucky one with a ripped and fracture knee.

What's your favorite subject in school?
Any one with lots of grunge/emo/punk/metalhead girls in it.

That's healthy and very heterosexual, which are good things, but I was asking about the "academic" subjects.
History! Esp. Military history....

What kind of music do you listen to? Who are some of your favorite "artists of today?"
Rock, Punk Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, anything Rock...and 'The Streets'. And Tool. Here we go. Very few people really know the real Tool. Most people see Tool as somebody who makes pretty music. I don't like those people. Neither does Tool, which is why they deeply make fun of them and put them down in some of their songs. Tool is deep, their messages in their lyrics (are) deeper then the deep ones you see. Tool knows what they're doing, and it's not being the best band out there, which is stupid shit to say. Their music is surreal, they're obvisouly not just some band, and they're less obviously not a gimmick. They're geniuses, the only thing Tool is playing is hiding the real shit, I saw some interviews and laughed really hard [and im sure they were too] at how they are playing with people with the BS in their interviews and the such. To really understand and grasp what I'm talking about, you have to do research, and be into it, nobody, not even me, can explain you everything. Mainly because you're not supposed to know without figuring it out for yourself, so it's pointless for me to explain and prove, and to be honest, it ain't worth it. So think what you will of Tool, but you'll never know anything about them (and their lyrics, preachings, mind control, philosophy, insanity, DMT and the such, and etc, etc)..which is really a good thing now that I think about it.

Um, ok, next question. (mental note: never, ever, ever mention Tool, or music of any sort around Aram again. ever.) Do you know Dracula?
Yes, that cool dude who put lots of sharp spears on a hill and impaled people in them, it was a nice little impaled person forest. Much like my attic, that's also where Luully lives. Luully is the monster that was in my closet when I was younger, mommy had to put a chair in front of the closet door to keep him in at night. Ever since then, he followed us around {he also managed to follow us to the US of A, how he passed customs I don't know to this day} where we moved and stuff. Every so often weird, paranormal things happen in my house. We're guessing its Luully. However Luully is put in a trance when you sing or talk to him fast, and turn the lights on, whenever I do that he doesn't show. So every morning at 5:00 when I wake up, I make sure to talk to him saying nice things about him while I slowly walk for the light switch. It works, but I fear one day I'll forget and something bad will happen. He's very scary. Ever see that scene in Exorcist with the lady rushing down the stairs front side up on her arms? He's a little quick spiky creature that does that. I hear him moving around in the attic at night. The only thing that keeps him IN the attic at night (since there is no way to block the attic door) is Puully, my sentinel, and Luully's brother.

What got you started with those grenades?
Oy oy oy you bAssterd, stop trying to shag the birds and fight the geezers! Who gots the funk?

My sentiments exactly. So, how'd that date go with that girl you were gonna ask out the other day?
::blank stare::

I've noticed you employ the elipse liberally and occasionally haphazardly in your written speech. What is it that you enjoy so much about this particular specimen of punctuation?
::blank stare:: huh?

Which Lang ass do you most enjoy bustin a cap into?
Ovarylord of course. But he kills me often, unless I used nades.

And finally, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?
Peace, love, joy, and ma ra ja wa na to all.